2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not define, describe. They are a useful if lazy way of describing music as long as the other person/people share the same understanding of the genres you're using, but once you get into a "you're wrong, they aren't post-ska-skiffle-core they're clearly nu-emo-romo-wave" situation you're hitching a one-way ride to retardsville.

I know what you mean. I was excited for Jimmy Eat World last year but I just didn't get into it in the end. They came onto the stage, they played their songs and they left. There was no excitement or enthusiasm - they barely even moved the whole time they were on stage and consequently the crowd just didn't get into it.

Compare that to The King Blues last year. The atmosphere and energy in that tent last year was unreal. I really enjoyed their set when I honestly didn't expect to.

Actually interacting with the crowd and being enthusiastic about the fact that you're playing in front of thousands of fans can make a huge difference to how the fans react.

A couple of years ago I could have seen Paramore headlining, they were at the peak of their popularity. But now I can't really see it, people seem to have become a bit disinterested compared to all the hype they had a couple of years ago.

Edited by Andre91

A couple of years ago I could have seen Paramore headlining, they were at the peak of their popularity. But now I can't really see it, people seem to have become a bit disinterested compared to all the hype they had a couple of years ago.

In what world are Paramore bigger, or anywhere near as big, as Foo Fighters, Kasabian or The Cure? Or, for that matter, Pulp, The Strokes, Muse, Arcade Fire, Blink-182, Guns N Roses etc. The only headline band that they even come close to in popularity is MCR, who are still more popular and got a load of "too small to headline" criticism.