2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just have to give bands a chance to headline sometimes. Some will thrive like muse, arctic monkey and arcade fire and some will not like darkness, travis, skunk anansie for example.

But if you dont give bands a chance you will still have headliners from the 80s.

Cannot see Paramore headlining or at least for a good few years with more/better material. Even r&l booker (Neil Pengelly) says they are this years Marmite band. Why would he book them for a headline spot if they are a Marmite subhead

Edited by craigb

You just have to give bands a chance to headline sometimes. Some will thrive like muse, arctic monkey and arcade fire and some will not like darkness, travis, skunk anansie for example.

But if you dont give bands a chance you will still have headliners from the 80s.

Cannot see Paramore headlining or at least for a good few years with more/better material. Even r&l booker (Neil Pengelly) says they are this years Marmite band. Why would he book them for a headline spot if they are a Marmite subhead

On the topic of underage girls I remember when Angel & Airwaves last played Reading, there was nothing else on that day so I thought I give them a try and it was a smallish crowd mostly made up of teenage girls with their parent's with day wristbands. So I'm watching Tom come on telling the crowd he fucked their Mums last night and I talking to mates part focussed on the band the other on drinking and chatting shit with mates and 2 14(ish) girls in front of start giggling and my mate overhears them saying they want to sleep with us so my mate (hopefully as a joke) started talking to them until he realise the old guy next to them is one of their Dads and has been giving him angry looks.

On the topic of underage girls I remember when Angel & Airwaves last played Reading, there was nothing else on that day so I thought I give them a try and it was a smallish crowd mostly made up of teenage girls with their parent's with day wristbands. So I'm watching Tom come on telling the crowd he fucked their Mums last night and I talking to mates part focussed on the band the other on drinking and chatting shit with mates and 2 14(ish) girls in front of start giggling and my mate overhears them saying they want to sleep with us so my mate (hopefully as a joke) started talking to them until he realise the old guy next to them is one of their Dads and has been giving him angry looks.

Los Campesinos added to the mainstage.

To the dance stage we have MODESTEP, Feed Me, Grimes, THE JAPANESE POPSTARS, CLEMENT MARFO & THE FRONTLINE, Jagga and ZINC

Then on lock up: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Gallows, Turbonegro, Trash Talk, Good Riddance, The Skints, Polar Bear Club, This is Hell,THE FLATLINERS, Apologies, i have none... and Headlining the Lock Up Stage this year are Social Distortion and THE OFFICIAL LESS THAN JAKE PAGE. Also appearing are: Anti-Flag, Every Time I Die, The Bouncing Souls, Saves the Day, Touche Amore, A Wilhelm Scream, CEREMONY, Random Hand, STAR FUCKING HIPSTERS, DEAD TO ME, PETTYBONE...

Less Than Jake clashing with Foo Fighters. Anti-Flag clashing with Paramore. FML.

Hopefully A-F will be on during the gap between Paramore and Cure, actually... makes sense if Cure have a long set. Even if they don't, I think it should be okay. Completely screwed for LTJ though.

Edited by Hart Attack