Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who is able bodied and is scared of a bit of mud and rain really should not be going to a festival, Im wondering if it is more the city kids who are complaining.... who knows!

Obviously the mud and wet conditions are a real pain for people who rely on sturdy ground to move around, these are the guys who should be moaning but I bet there the ones moaning the least.

Yes its gonna be muddy, its probably gonna harden up if we dont get much more rain, however if we get a few more showers (like forecast) it should stay wet and slippy..who cares, I guarantee by midnight Thursday night, you will be having such a good time, the Mud will just be distant memory, besides its softer to fall over onto when you've had one too many...

seriously guys, are we actually THIS bothered about the weather, when its the mighty Glastonbury this weekend.....

Pull yourself together...refocus...we got a job to do

Wishing you all an awesome festival.... :)

Anyone who is able bodied and is scared of a bit of mud and rain really should not be going to a festival, Im wondering if it is more the city kids who are complaining.... who knows!

Obviously the mud and wet conditions are a real pain for people who rely on sturdy ground to move around, these are the guys who should be moaning but I bet there the ones moaning the least.

Yes its gonna be muddy, its probably gonna harden up if we dont get much more rain, however if we get a few more showers (like forecast) it should stay wet and slippy..who cares, I guarantee by midnight Thursday night, you will be having such a good time, the Mud will just be distant memory, besides its softer to fall over onto when you've had one too many...

seriously guys, are we actually THIS bothered about the weather, when its the mighty Glastonbury this weekend.....

But at the end of the day it's a gathering in a field in Somerset. Weather happens and if it's hot there is not enough shade and if it's wet there is mud. I recommend shorts and bare feet and a stash of plastic bags to protect the feet if entering the loos.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

Sorry, thought that was a baby carrier in your profile picture :)

They sleep happily in fabric baby carriers, but i guess it takes some getting used to for the parent. Well it's food for thought for your next festy venture, honestly, once you start carrying regularly you realise what a relief it is without the cumbersome pram in crowds. But good luck with the pram, sure you'll be fine!

I made another sacrifice to the weather gods before leaving home. It absolutely pissed it down in Sunderland last night and my bedroom is in the atic. Me n the Mrs had our final full nights sleep rudely disturbed by lashings of r**n which woke us up on numerous occasions.

Off to get the coach from Sunderland to Stoke in couple of hours for leg one of the journey.

I shall be making another sacrifice in Manchester by lugging my stuff plus poncho, wellies and waterproof trousers through the city centre from the coach to train station. And to top off the final sacrifice, it will prob r**n on me during this trek, after all it is Manchester!

Can't believe this time tomorrow the gates shall be open! Yessssssssss! :):):)