Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

We have arrived so update on conditions. Parked pn easy camper van field ground solid enough only few bits of m*d on main routes. All in all pretty good no need for wellies. Currently sat outside in sunshine, blue sky and breeze to dry it out!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have arrived so update on conditions. Parked pn easy camper van field ground solid enough only few bits of m*d on main routes. All in all pretty good no need for wellies. Currently sat outside in sunshine, blue sky and breeze to dry it out!

Quick weather question...

If the weather pans out as the BBC/metcheck are predicting - i.e. light showers each day with up to a few mm of rain on some days, how will that compare to previous years?

I know there was something like 800mm of rain in the floods of 2005 but I'm not sure how it would compare to an awful year like 2007 which just drizzled all week.

Quick weather question...

If the weather pans out as the BBC/metcheck are predicting - i.e. light showers each day with up to a few mm of rain on some days, how will that compare to previous years?

I know there was something like 800mm of rain in the floods of 2005 but I'm not sure how it would compare to an awful year like 2007 which just drizzled all week.

2005 months worth of rain thurs night fri morning

2007 Torrential rain varying between drizzle at best and horizontal heavy downpours. Called it day Sunday night when my mate actually fall into a ditch and went fully under the mud for a few 2nds!

2011 Forecast nowhere near as bad. Chill out and enjoy. This thread has been epic! Off to pilton cya all soon!

2007 Torrential rain varying between drizzle at best and horizontal heavy downpours. Called it day Sunday night when my mate actually fall into a ditch and went fully under the mud for a few 2nds!

2011 Forecast nowhere near as bad. Chill out and enjoy. This thread has been epic! Off to pilton cya all soon!

To quote a previous poster, this thread this year has been truly epic!

The ups and downs over the past few weeks have tested the best of us, but we're nearly there and at this stage it's looking like an '08 or '09 so I'll take that.

Having packed for every eventuality of weather I'm sure to have forgotten something, but I'm sure it won't be important so won't let it worry me.

Time to check out and head off, spending the night at friends nearer the site tonight ready for an early start in the morning. All the best to one and all and have a great festival!

Got lots of mates in camper van fields..Hardly any mud to report of..The hill of death for example has virtually nothing...Obviously it will be worse in the main sight but things are definitely looking up...

Very occasional showers predicted rest of week - these won't amount to much....It is going to be fine...We have won guys... B)