Dizzee Rascal to replace U2 if bonos still ill!

Guest daley

old son glasto is NOT a rap festi Christ if that's wot you want im sure there's a tent at glasto for that or go to a different festi .i know its not all about the music but i didn't pay 185 to watch some bloke shouting bonkers at me . :P

Edited by guypjfreak

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? I got no problem with Dizzee making the step up, he's relevant, he's all about the here and now, he;s f**king huge at the moment. Surely the festival is supposed to be contemporary, isn't that in the name of the festival, and whatever else they may be, you're going to have a f**king hard job convincing me that New Model Army or the f**king Bootleg Beatles are in the slightest bit contemporary. I might be at Flaming Lips, I might be elsewhere, but Dizzee is by far and away the best option in this situation, you'd be proper f**king loopy to think otherwise.

You know what? I got no problem with Dizzee making the step up, he's relevant, he's all about the here and now, he;s f**king huge at the moment. Surely the festival is supposed to be contemporary, isn't that in the name of the festival, and whatever else they may be, you're going to have a f**king hard job convincing me that New Model Army or the f**king Bootleg Beatles are in the slightest bit contemporary. I might be at Flaming Lips, I might be elsewhere, but Dizzee is by far and away the best option in this situation, you'd be proper f**king loopy to think otherwise.

what are you talking about? are you saying that Ndubz and Dizzee are comparable? In what way? that makes no sense at all. It's like saying Herman's Hermits are the same as the Beatles. It's laughable.

I just don't get the whole Dizzee Rascal thing. He's had 3 or 4 hits (one of them with Calvin Harris) and his "act" involves p*ss-poor rapping over well manufactured beats.

Did you hear him on Jonathon Ross? He asked him what was next up his sleeve. Dizzee's reply? "Whatever sells, man". Good one.

Regardless of whether you like him or not, he simply isn't a Glastonbury 40th Anniversary Headliner ! Plain and simple.

But whatever floats your boat - I won't be there watching him.

old son glasto is NOT a rap festi Christ if that's wot you want im sure there's a tent at glasto for that or go to a different festi .i know its not all about the music but i didn't pay 185 to watch some bloke shouting bonkers at me . :P

if dizzie headlines its ceertain i'll be at another stage, admittedly there were around 5 friday headline acts i'd want to see so all is not lost, but i grew up with U2 through the unforgettable fire and joshua tree era and never got a chance to see them. However much i like the xx album it cant compare to 30 odd years of material and seeing bad played live !

I'm more of a One More Robot and Ego Trippin' kinda guy, but Do You Realize really is incredible. That album is one of the few I'd call perfect.

Anyway I hope U2 play just for the commercial impact and that - having Dizzee headline would just feel weak, considering the slots he's playing at other festivals. He's been everywhere the last three years and to be honest, he is getting incredibly stale. Holiday was painful.