Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Which provider and how much, if I might ask?  I'm on 50mb here and very happy with the speed and reliability (virgin cable) but have to admit I'd love to pay a little less as I'm one of those people who doesn't have a TV or phone package so don't get a cheaper subsidised price to hide the line rental costs.

Just saw this. Ireland mate, sorry. UPC. Which is soon to become Virgin, owned by Liberty Global. A fucking disaster of a company currently if anything goes wrong mind you.

Also, Greggs are setting up over here now. Never heard of them any use?

Edited by The Nal

Not so very long back someone hacked Greggs Twitter account and changed the logo to this;

20140819_greggs.jpg

Obviously not a big Greggs fan. lol

That's quality, tbh.

I'm a bit of a greggs fan, although I don't often buy their stuff I like them as a British business and would rather see their success than whatever US chain is currently trendy on the high street.  The fact that some snobby people sneer at the customer base only endears it more to me.  The iceland of high street food vendors, cheap no nonsense food for the vast majority of us who don't eat artisinal goat cheese baguettes.

are you sure you're getting the best deal?

I get mine thru Caravan Club insurance and pay around half that.

Thanks for the tip off Neil. I've now got a quote for half what I would have paid with Adrian Flux Insurance. I'm normally on the ball with this stuff and do get the best deal that I can. I think I've just got too many things whirling around in my head right now.

That's quality, tbh.

I'm a bit of a greggs fan, although I don't often buy their stuff I like them as a British business and would rather see their success than whatever US chain is currently trendy on the high street.  The fact that some snobby people sneer at the customer base only endears it more to me.  The iceland of high street food vendors, cheap no nonsense food for the vast majority of us who don't eat artisinal goat cheese baguettes.

It's not quality. If you know about Greggs, a closer truth would be if that strapline had the words reversed. :P

Their food might be shite but the world would be a far better place if more companies were like Greggs. Because the world is not a better place I don't even feel able to be explicit about what I'm talking about. ;)

Edited by eFestivals

Lets take a full English/Irish brekkie

On my one trip to Ireland of one day I had an Irish brekkie (in a pub somewhere in or near Drogheda).

It wasn't quite the same as an English brekkie, there was one thing distinctly different - but I can't for the life of me remember what it was now. Any chance you might be able to remind me Nal?

What differs, or what might differ?

Edited by eFestivals

On my one trip to Ireland of one day I had an Irish brekkie (in a pub somewhere in or near Drogheda).

It wasn't quite the same as an English brekkie, there was one thing distinctly different - but I can't for the life of me remember what it was now. Any chance you might be able to remind me Nal?

What differs, or what might differ?

Was it white pudding?

Standard full Irish is very similar to English. Sausages, bacon, toast, eggs, tomato, pudding, hashbrowns, mushrooms.

White pudding may be the difference alright. Although Ive had that in England.

Clonakilty pudding is the business.

070209oqblack_pudding.jpg

Although if you were up near Drogheda who knows. Cromwell went batshit crazy up there when he toddled over. Can't blame him either. He didn't do enough!

Edited by The Nal