Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

OK, so Mrs GH decides, along with her extended family that it would be nice to have a really big family holiday together in a villa (12 of us going).

So she find this superb villa that ticks all the boxes at a good price in Portugal. However it's not available the two weeks we want at end of July/beginning of August.  So the next available dates are the middle two weeks of August.

Problem.  That's when I go to Farmer Phil's Festival.  I'm tempted to say 'stuff the family holiday' but that wouldn't go down well.

So what has Mrs GH come up with as a compromise?  We fly to Portugal.  I stay for the first four or five days, fly home, go to Farmer Phil's and then fly back for the rest of the holiday.  Wonderful compromise on Mrs GH's part!

• Upvote 1

OK, so Mrs GH decides, along with her extended family that it would be nice to have a really big family holiday together in a villa (12 of us going).

So she find this superb villa that ticks all the boxes at a good price in Portugal. However it's not available the two weeks we want at end of July/beginning of August.  So the next available dates are the middle two weeks of August.

Problem.  That's when I go to Farmer Phil's Festival.  I'm tempted to say 'stuff the family holiday' but that wouldn't go down well.

So what has Mrs GH come up with as a compromise?  We fly to Portugal.  I stay for the first four or five days, fly home, go to Farmer Phil's and then fly back for the rest of the holiday.  Wonderful compromise on Mrs GH's part!

Wow, you must really really like Farmer Phil's grumpy. I don't think that I would fly back from Portugal for any festival and then fly back over to Portugal again, just to have to come back again.

clever kids who get phones that have been thru the washing machine working again. :)

Now that is clever. You'd have thought a spin in the washing machine would have totally fucked it.

I once accidently put a mobile phone in to a microwave along with some soup. Unfortunately not even a clever kid could have saved the melted mess that was once my mobile phone. It was a works phone too so I had to go in and tell them of my error. Luckily they saw the funny side and just gave me another.

Anyway, I'm happy having just come back from a great little festival. Even firther happy to have secured tickets to it again next year.

"Breakfast roll" on Google.

Lets take a full English/Irish brekkie, cook it really badly, leave it sitting under cheap heating lights for the morning and then stuff it into a soggy roll with some sauce. Proper shite.

To be fair, I like it as an option if its half decently cooked! Easier to shovel down when hungover!

(That said I've become partial to a Spoons breakfast wrap lately, so my judgement on food might need to be ignored :P)

To be fair, I like it as an option if its half decently cooked! Easier to shovel down when hungover!

(That said I've become partial to a Spoons breakfast wrap lately, so my judgement on food might need to be ignored :P)

Ah a Spoons breakfast is my Saturday morning of choice when my wife's at work and have the little one - early lunch at half 11 - big brekkie, kids brekkie, nom thricefold!

And comes in under a tenner too!

Edited by gary1979666

Now that is clever. You'd have thought a spin in the washing machine would have totally fucked it.

I once accidently put a mobile phone in to a microwave along with some soup. Unfortunately not even a clever kid could have saved the melted mess that was once my mobile phone. It was a works phone too so I had to go in and tell them of my error. Luckily they saw the funny side and just gave me another.

Anyway, I'm happy having just come back from a great little festival. Even firther happy to have secured tickets to it again next year.

The electronics of the phone were still actually working; the phone (Sony Z1) is sold as waterproof .... tho I was surprised it was still working despite a smashed screen and with the frame bent so much it must have opened up some holes for water to leak thru.

He had to dismantle the whole thing, to rebuild it with all new parts apart from the central electronics ... and first time he powered it up it didn't have a working display. So he had to take it apart again, where he found he'd not removed a plastic peel-off on one of the new parts, which meant there wasn't the needed electrical contacts for the screen. Once he'd sorted that, it worked fine.

And now my clever kid has nicked the phone. :lol:

I've never heard of anyone who has fried their phone in a microwave... I think if that happened to me id be abit annoyed but probably would laugh at the same time from the state of the phone.Happy enough i managed to get tickets Thursday but to make things better my dad brought me a KFC home before.

I've never heard of anyone who has fried their phone in a microwave...

Yes, I was more than a little drunk at the time. I was so drunk in fact that I ate the soup. Not once did I consider that it might have absorbed something toxic. There was loads of smoke coming out of the microwave so there's a chance that something nasty could have got in there. Ho hum.

Yes, I was more than a little drunk at the time. I was so drunk in fact that I ate the soup. Not once did I consider that it might have absorbed something toxic. There was loads of smoke coming out of the microwave so there's a chance that something nasty could have got in there. Ho hum.

Should of took a picture of your melted phone!

Well, it's now official - I've formally been offered a job. I start full time in two weeks time. As the job comes with a company van then I'm going to have to sell my own van. This will raise some much needed cash but I'll be sad to see it go. The thing is I can't keep my van, my campervan, and a company van outside my house. I'm actually going to be technically working for myself but will be working full time for this company. This means that I've got to learn all about Sole Trading, tax etc etc. It's giving me brainache just thinking about that side of things. However, it does mean that I can claim my stationary purchases from Poundland back! How tight is that?! lol

• Upvote 1