Kings of Leon last year

Guest VCK

After seeing quite a few negative reports about their headline shows at Reading and Leeds this year (and witnessing a dissapointing show at Leeds) I was wondering how they fared last year at Glasto at what was, correct me if I'm wrong, their first ever UK festival headline appearence?

My uncle who saw them told me they weren't too great.

I saw them play Glasto alright, yeah.

Thought it was class in fairness. They started with Crawl, played Molly's Chambers, Fans, Bucket, Pistol, Kicks etc etc what wasnt to like??? Lead singer necking double shots of Jack all night long. Mega.

Granted since then theyve become overexposed to hell but that show seemed triumphant in a way. Sound was fantastic and the gothic choral music they came onstage to was SUPERB.

Let the naysayers say nay all they want. KoL nailed their headliner show at Glasto. Everything since then is debatable, but they did great on the night.

Agree, their 1st album was immense, a refreshing retro Skynyrd Southern boogie, down and dirty rock and roll.

Now they are just a production line bringing out a new album every 18 months or so and the lead singers voice has become more and more irritating as the as the top 40 hits get churned out.

They are now sanitised chart friendly T4 type rock and roll for the masses and would probably do a nice double header with McFly.

Agree, their 1st album was immense, a refreshing retro Skynyrd Southern boogie, down and dirty rock and roll.

Now they are just a production line bringing out a new album every 18 months or so and the lead singers voice has become more and more irritating as the as the top 40 hits get churned out.

They are now sanitised chart friendly T4 type rock and roll for the masses and would probably do a nice double header with McFly.

Think KoL are getting a bit of a bad rap here. Didn't see them at Glasto but have seen them before and whilst they don't exactly electrify with their stage antics or interact too well with the crowd, they can bloody well play and are clearly well into their music.

Agree it's tailed off after Aha, Shake... and that the current album is more mainstream, but it's still good IMO.