All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ted Dansons Wig

Football 18/19

After watching Columbia tonight and with Brazil possibly dropping into 2nd - trying to play for a certain result is a waste of time imo. whichever way - there is a really good side to beat we will come up against before we get to the business end
  3. zahidf

General News Discussion

I dont think racist views should be accepted as valid political discourse Now here we are with a president who very openly pines for tyranny, explicitly disregards laws & norms, is nakedly racist, lies as often as he breathes, and oh yeah, is now proudly seperating toddlers from their families, and putting kids in cages Trump and his team arent just practising normal politics. That what's the owner of the Red Hen was doing by refusing to serve Sanders: saying, No. This is not just a normal political dispute that can remain confined to the political sphere. You cannot support this & still expect to be treated like a normal, decent person. The owner was trying to draw a line, disrupt the normal daily patterns of civility & accommodation, create a Moment around which people can rally to echo the message: No. This is not normal, not "just politics." We must stop pretending it is. And so, right on cue, the Very Serious People ride to the rescue of the aspiring tyrants, saying, yet again: Calm Down. Let's not get crazy here. Let's not be RUDE. Heavens no. We must retain our decorum at all costs. the very least we can do is refrain from concern trolling citizens who are (RIGHTLY) in a panic about the loss of their country. Maybe the agents of this cruelty, the ones lying on its behalf, should feel a little discomfort. There are worse things in the world. Like putting kids in cages.
  4. zahidf

General News Discussion

If you promote someone who contemptuously defies every norm of civility, and argue that civility doesn’t matter and that its absence is refreshing and honest, and build an ideology around upsetting people .... folks might start to take you at your word, and you may not like it when people fight back White House officials don’t get to gin up cultural division for sport and then complain it’s unfair for them to face cultural backlash when they’re out in public. I would love to see a less politicized social sphere. The Trump WH is the #1 enemy of that objective.
  5. zahidf

General News Discussion

i dont advocate changing the law in the UK. And the right in the US relaxed their laws in the US so they can be more homophobic. So they are being hoisted by their own bigotry Anyway, id rather spit in their food. Or take the food order and dont bring the food out for a couple of hours Im fine with bad things happening to racists who proudly boast about seperating families and putting kids in cages. Fuck em
  6. zahidf

Football 18/19

well not if its the only reason! he is a good player IMO. hes a little off but i dont think he is terrible. Southgate has his starting 11 and is going to stick to it barring injury. missing a couple of chances when you win 6-1 is hardly end of the world
  7. rivalschools.price

Lineup 2018

Two poor albums in a row if you count thelast Linkin Park album. Cant believe how bad Mike Shonda has become
  8. Did they not have the taps in the arena this year? Or was it not working? There’s normally a few stainless steel troughs with multiple taps after the search area to fill up water bottles. There’s normally one at the entrance to the medical area. Why would you expect there to be shaded areas? It’s an outdoor event. as for food and drink being expensive, it’s a festival, it’s not going to be cheap.What were the beer prices. £5-£5.50 a pint is pretty much going rate at commercial festivals. when I saw it had sold out I wondered how busy it would be, it looked absolutely rammed on TV on Friday. Not selling out has its benefits.
  9. carlosj

NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

Evening all, been in the van, drinking out of plastic glasses (is there a better noun for a plastic glass?), flag pole up, flags out, and now back home. @dizzymoo, if I get organised, yes, good to meet at Blue Dot. I've never been before and it's the first festival me and MrsCJ have been to together. @crazyfool1, good to hear you're making a go of it elsewhere. I left my last job when I knew the new boss wouldn't let me progress after a reorganisation, and yes, no one is indispensible, so we have 1 life to live. Mine is involving my family, alcohol, travel and as much immature new stuff as my wife will let me get away with.
  10. thetime

Football 18/19

I’ve not seen any of the England games, keeping him in because it would affect his confidence seems naff.
  11. Gnomicide

Glastocam!

Wise words.
  12. Justiceforcedave

Green Man Festival 2018

*fab
  13. zahidf

Football 18/19

fair but in terms of his competition for his place...
  14. Today
  15. e2p2

Rock Werchter 2018

1 token for 250cc soft drink / regular beers (Jupiler / Hoegaarden) / 500cc water. More (2-4) for other beers, cocktails and wine. 2-5 tokens for most food. You can recycle too, pick up empty bottles and cups and get drink-only tokens in return (20 empty cups = 1 token).
  16. Justiceforcedave

Green Man Festival 2018

I got some feb recommendations here last year before Greenman (Lift to Experience and Aldous Harding were festival highlights for me! Any suggestions this time?
  17. TheGayTent

Ed Sheeran's piss break?

Best sounding part of the show
  18. Ryanp1993

Rock Werchter 2018

Its about 3 euros worth, one token will get you a beer, half a token for fruit and then 3-5 for a meal on average. Some meals are more.
  19. SEV7N

2019 festival

Can see this being the festival that Bring Me the Horizon step up to headline. Last two albums have been pretty solid, the latter getting a lot of commercial plays. Don't think Download would book them as a headliner. If they're aiming for a similar pattern to this year then I'd guess at: Bring Me the Horizon / Drake / Imagine Dragons.
  20. Dangerbreaks

Lineup 2018

After listening to Mike Shinoda's album a couple times I think his set could bomb unless he fills it out with Linkin Park and Fort Minor stuff, very weak imo.
  21. bamber

Glastocam!

It had to be said. Phruuuuuuuuuuuuuh.
  22. Hey, I'm Warren, easy going down to earth dancing lover looking for a group to tag along with for 4 day standard camping or other people going solo to meet up with. Email me Warren.maddick1985(at)gmail.com Have a great time to all of you going! !!!!
  23. pink_triangle

Football 18/19

It seems a little unfair using those criteria to compare with Pickford or Gary Cahill.
  24. parsonjack

Glastocam!

That's the sun setting on a fallow year.....bring on the dawn.
  25. chazwwe

Rock Werchter 2018

Quick question on Tokens. How much does a token get me? For example how many would it be for a drink and a meal?
  26. zahidf

Football 18/19

assists/goals
  27. Gnomicide

Glastocam!

I think this year's Sunday headliner would have been the sunset.
  1. Load more activity