NOS Alive 2018

Tremousse

1 minute ago, with_tired_eyes said:

So it's basically Mad Cool -some small Bands +The National instead of Depeche Mode. They should have confirmed that earlier.... :rolleyes:

No need, 3-day passes were sold out before the ones of Mad Cool. I guess the 1-day tickets won't be much of a problem either.

Plus, I kind of enjoy the slow release, instead of dropping a lot at once. They don't have as many names as Mad Cool on the bill of course.

12 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

So it's basically Mad Cool -some small Bands +The National instead of Depeche Mode. They should have confirmed that earlier.... :rolleyes:

yeah, i was thinking the same, but mad cool has some important additional acts: massive attack, kasabian, tame impala, justice, jack johnson (not important for me, but maybe it can shift a few tickets). werchter will probably deliver a very similar line up too. 

i think that in the end nos, werchter, and mad cool will be pretty much on par both on terms of quality and style. my advice for those who couldn't buy 3 days passes for this or mad cool is to choose werchter.

Edited by neacaisa

9 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

No need, 3-day passes were sold out before the ones of Mad Cool. I guess the 1-day tickets won't be much of a problem either.

Plus, I kind of enjoy the slow release, instead of dropping a lot at once. They don't have as many names as Mad Cool on the bill of course.

Yes, this was no critisism. I've went to NOS last two year and would have gone a third time, but mad cools' lineup was more relevant to me. But i really enjoy NOS - good festivalplace, best sound i've ever heard in such a big location and a wonderful audience. Hopefully Mad Cool will at least half as good at NOS :-)

2 minutes ago, with_tired_eyes said:

Yes, this was no critisism. I've went to NOS last two year and would have gone a third time, but mad cools' lineup was more relevant to me. But i really enjoy NOS - good festivalplace, best sound i've ever heard in such a big location and a wonderful audience. Hopefully Mad Cool will at least half as good at NOS :-)

Yeah, Mad Cool was pretty early too and I can understand the draw. Together with a friend we decided very early on that we wanted to go to Portugal because we make a bigger vacation out of it. Moreover, we chose NOS because of previous line-ups and some good stories. So I really like to hear you had a great time and that the audio is pretty good. 

With that stacked line-up and a new festival terrain I really do hope for all that enthusiastic Mad Cool go-ers all will go well. I have that northern European, arrogant lack of confidence in organizational capacities down South... But I like to think I am wrong :lol: