Tattoos at Glastonbury

TomByTheThames

2 minutes ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

Thought there was once upon a time, no? 

Not in the last 15 plus years - at least not officially at any rate. It's one of the things that's explicitly prohibited by the licence, and has been since the fence went up (possibly longer).

There has been and probably still is Henna places if that's what you're thinking of?

48 minutes ago, TomByTheThames said:

I'm sure I know the answer to this but are there any Tattooists at Glastonbury? Purely curious but would be very tempted if there are, however I highly doubt it.

If you're really tempted then book yourself in somewhere for when you get back. 

31 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

i think there are pretty strong rules about tatts at festivals.  the Prodigy did it a few years back at their MK gig, but there was only one design, had to be pre-booked and that was only a one day festival.

there's seemingly tatt artists at Download - but the regulation of fests is all done via the local council, and different councils have different ideas.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Glasto were able to over-turn the 'no' they have in their licence if they really wanted to (after all, tatts are well regulated nowadays), but whether they'd want to is another thing. There's not really any need to have tatts on site, and they'd probably prefer to save a battle over the licence for something of greater benefit.

1 hour ago, TomByTheThames said:

I'm sure I know the answer to this but are there any Tattooists at Glastonbury? Purely curious but would be very tempted if there are, however I highly doubt it.

If you're really keen on the idea, I'd suggest getting a henna or temporary one while there, get good photos of it, and then get a permanent copy done once you get home.

On 6/7/2017 at 11:58 AM, TomByTheThames said:

TomByTheThames -  Just wondering if you are the tattoist Thomas Smalley? Can't be arsed researching and finding out whether you are or not, at the moment.

On 07/06/2017 at 0:14 PM, fatyeti24 said:

i think there are pretty strong rules about tatts at festivals.  the Prodigy did it a few years back at their MK gig, but there was only one design, had to be pre-booked and that was only a one day festival.

There was one at download last weekend. Old Sarum. Queue a mile long. Bonkers idea. As someone with a 3/4 jap bodysuit I can't honestly see why you'd waste band / entertainment / social time getting inked at a festival, in the mud the blood and the beer. Got the rest of a mostly boring year for that. 

25 minutes ago, Waapster said:

My brother, pissed, went to a tattooist at a small festival about 6 years ago. He asked for "One life, live it" (yes I know...).

The woman doing the tattoo, also pissed left him with "One life, live ti ".

Too pissed to spell "it".

Hello Waapster,

I guess he's thought of this already, but he could get another tattooist to add on to the 'ti' with any of  the following;

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/words-that-start-with-ti