Mad Cool 2017

Tremousse

Shed 7 have an announcement on Monday. As much as I'd enjoy them in the sun, I can't see them being booked for a Spanish festival! 

I'd imagine the 4 to be announced will be international bands? 

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, stubbs said:

Shed 7 have an announcement on Monday. As much as I'd enjoy them in the sun, I can't see them being booked for a Spanish festival! 

I'd imagine the 4 to be announced will be international bands? 

Yeah, people think it'll be 4 bands playing elsewhere in Spain perhaps, that other festivals required an exclusive period of time to promote. But who knows. The fact it's only 4 bands, after 35 were announced last week, leaves me hopefully they were woth setting aside

18 hours ago, gregory said:

Yeah, people think it'll be 4 bands playing elsewhere in Spain perhaps, that other festivals required an exclusive period of time to promote. But who knows. The fact it's only 4 bands, after 35 were announced last week, leaves me hopefully they were woth setting aside

I hope so like

4 minutes ago, gregory said:

I agree, Saturday is weak, and has a few less non-Spanish bands than the other 2 days. I only really care about Wilco and Moderat that day. 

Dinosaur Jr, ( which is my second favourite band of the whole line-up), Wilco, Xavier Rudd for me, and i will watch KOL as well 

I'm getting into Dino Jr a bit, like a fair bit of what I've heard, they look quite noisy live though!

Yeah, there's a few things I'll check out on Sun like KOL, Savages and SBTRKT, but the other 2 days have 8+ bands each day I wanna see, and this day barely has 8 international bands playing

3 hours ago, gregory said:

Made a clashfinder, if you have any better guesses re: times/stages anyone can edit it :) http:///s/madcool17 

Thursday looks ok. Hope you wrong about friday, would be terrible clash Ryan Adams vs Deap Vally, but that's the strongest day so might be forced to miss some acts, but surely not missing Ryan. Saturday, swap Wilco with Foster, and don't think that Dinosaur Jr. will be on main stage

So 3/4 of the names already known, hopefully one big name that they are keeping secret for tomorrow. So far, Trentemoller is a nice late night act but nothing special. Peter, Björn and John and M.I.A are one hit wonders for me. Don't think anyone expected these acts, as far as I can see it's the first date for the last 2 acts so probs for that.

11 minutes ago, Finge said:

So 3/4 of the names already known, hopefully one big name that they are keeping secret for tomorrow. So far, Trentemoller is a nice late night act but nothing special. Peter, Björn and John and M.I.A are one hit wonders for me. Don't think anyone expected these acts, as far as I can see it's the first date for the last 2 acts so probs for that.

M.I.A is playing 2 festivals in France in July. You are right about P,B,J. Nothing special, nothing that I expected or wished for but much better than last announcement.