Thank You eFestivals

stuartbert two hats

5 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

Yes!

Thursday night we went - probably my favourite memory of the festival. All our group together, pissed and having a good sing, no pressure to be elsewhere or missing something else. If only someone hadn't spun it to dubstep, but nevermind! 

What was this? Sounds like I need to add it for next time (all being well)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, muddychick said:

What was this? Sounds like I need to add it for next time (all being well)

Pretty straightforward description I found:

Glastonbury is almost unmatched in the volume of things to see late at night, so much so that when you wake up the next day, you question if it actually ever happened at all. Add to that list the Wheel of Four Tunes. The duo performs on the Sensation Seekers Stage at various times across the weekend and the premise is fairly simple: two guys dressed as Power Rangers doingWheel Of Fortune-driven karaoke. The Sensation Seekers Stage is in Bella’s Field, and its motto says it is “where you’ll find a whole bag of wrong, it’s oh so right”. It’s a decent bet for finding the weird and the wonderful.

And it is, as BlackHole described it, funny as fuck :)

20 minutes ago, Quark said:

Glastonbury is almost unmatched in the volume of things to see late at night, so much so that when you wake up the next day, you question if it actually ever happened at all. Add to that list the Wheel of Four Tunes. The duo performs on the Sensation Seekers Stage at various times across the weekend and the premise is fairly simple: two guys dressed as Power Rangers doingWheel Of Fortune-driven karaoke. The Sensation Seekers Stage is in Bella’s Field, and its motto says it is “where you’ll find a whole bag of wrong, it’s oh so right”. It’s a decent bet for finding the weird and the wonderful.

Ah I see. Thanks Quark. Adding to the list.

Edited after you tube visit. I did see this! Oh my poor cider addled mind must have forgotten. And you're so right, funny as fuck :lol:  

Edited by muddychick

1 hour ago, muddychick said:

Ah I see. Thanks Quark. Adding to the list.

Edited after you tube visit. I did see this! Oh my poor cider addled mind must have forgotten. And you're so right, funny as fuck :lol:  

No shame in that. Was listening to a Glastonbury playlist on Friday, and only when they came on did I remember that I'd seen Bastille!!! I may have hit the cider and rum quite hard on that day :P

33 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I'd have hit the rum hard if I'd seen bastille too!

Not a fan Scruff?  Have to say that, once I remembered seeing them, I remembered them being bloody good!  Had a good old dance and a singalong :)

7 hours ago, Quark said:

I was the crowd surfing pineapple guy!

14 hours ago, Quark said:

Not a fan Scruff?  Have to say that, once I remembered seeing them, I remembered them being bloody good!  Had a good old dance and a singalong :)

I love a bit of Bastille! I had a good old dance and singalong to them too! I left just over halfway through to go to something else (can't remember what now) but they played Laura Palmer second so it was ok as that's my favourite! 

30 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Not so sure that's fair round here. One of the worst I'd accept. But on a forum where @Woffy, @mr gumby, @fatyeti24, @H.M.V, @lucyginger and the like frequent then to be put out on my own..............

Dunno whether to be offended or flattered...............

Edit: Course I'm flattered. Cheers Quark. 

I am truly honoured!! :) 

3 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

ha! In which case you owe me as at one point I'm sure I saved you from a certain face plant when coming over the top of us on your dinghy!

Indeed I do! I had a couple of very scary moments. The look on one poor girls face as I toppled towards her will live long in the memory. To everybody who kept me afloat during it all I wish to say thank you!

I'm glad my friend recorded it as my initial memory the following day was pretty sketchy having been on it for about 12 hours by that point.  

My kids loved watching it back when I got home!

4 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Nice one! Thursday was a messy one for me too, and the standout of that Wheel Of Four Tunes show was a guy crowd surfing on a dinghy. Even better that it was an efester.

I wrote this a couple of weeks before the festival which explains how I ended up on that dinghy! 

https://harmonicprospector.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/the-wheel-of-four-tunes-and-the-glastonbury-spirit/

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

You're obsessed!

Apologies if any offence was caused, by the way. It wasn't meant.

Not at all, just having the crack. Got to do something in the rest of the year when Glastonbury's not on! It was quite amusing the other day when we started getting downvoted for taking the piss out of each other too much.  

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Yup. The annual first post glastonbury efestivals slump has started. Give it 2 months and it'll be busy again for a few weeks. 

November is the period where nobody in their right mind would be on here, unless they 'work' from home and post on efests instead of chatting to workmates.

Edited by stuartbert two hats