Headliner predictions 2017

swede

I'd presumed that the Radiohead SR was just down to it being a Coldplay type situation with all the info pointing to them playing this year meaning it was likely to be next year. Would be great if there was some new info too though. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Well if they're gonna have him for 1 song on one date why not the full shabang. Pretty sure he wanted to do it - unlike Izzy. 

apparently he was up for it but was having surgery around the time they did the first shows so couldn't commit for the full thing

reckon they could get Izzy to do one or two as he's joined Axl + co on stage before - he just doesn't like the prospect of a full tour

12 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Well if they're gonna have him for 1 song on one date why not the full shabang. Pretty sure he wanted to do it - unlike Izzy. 

I don't think they trust him to stay clean for the entire tour. Hopefully the more time they spend with him the more they'll see hes sober now. He brings such a different dynamic to the band.

Given that there are

a) only so many headliner acts around, and of that

B) only a subset will be available or willing in any given year.

if they have three solid contenders lined up then they're not going to give one of them the elbow on the off chance that a female performer who also fits the above two categories comes along.

6 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

Thinking about most of the headliner predictions being Sheeran/Foos/Radiohead/ stone roses, doesn't this go against what the eavis' are trying to do by getting women involved as much as possible. Gaga has an album next year aswell, can see Beyoncé perhaps?

if they pushed a female to the top every year they'd soon run out of ones that are big enough. i don't think they necessarily need to have a female headliner to push this idea - just make sure there's a nice balance on the lineup as a whole. Gaga's a possibility in the future if she manages to escape the rut she's found herself in with her last couple of releases. reckon Beyonce will be back at some point but not so soon. they can't just push a female to the top every year when they have three male acts who are big enough, touring and willing to do it

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You might do but you can't really justify that given what equipment he uses to do what he does, you can respect that at least.

aye i can't stand his music, but becoming a global superstar millionaire and selling out shows worldwide by doing pretty much the same thing thousands of other guys his age are doing and have done before? fair play

4 minutes ago, TheBurns said:

And what about Kanye?

What about him?....regardless of my view, no I don't respect what he does or what he is and there is history for that to back it up.

I very much think the festival booked him purely for how controvertial it would be. Fact is....the Eavis won't get threats or any of that crap by booking Sheeran.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

What about him?....regardless of my view, no I don't respect what he does or what he is and there is history for that to back it up.

I very much think the festival booked him purely for how controvertial it would be. Fact is....the Eavis won't get threats or any of that crap by booking Sheeran.

yeah, they booked him because he'd be controversial - not because he's one of the most highly acclaimed rappers, no, artists of the past decade. nothing to do with that at all

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

But people have to respect Sheeran?

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah, they booked him because he'd be controversial - not because he's one of the most highly acclaimed rappers, no, artists of the past decade. nothing to do with that at all

But he's not is he? Didn' he just help a festival fall on its knees and then be a dick on tv etc....the new kids on the block thought it was cool so bought into it? He has nothing on Eminem or Jay Z when it comes to his field.

2 minutes ago, TheBurns said:

But people have to respect Sheeran?

You don't have to do anything man but like Floorfiller said for what he does and uses to perform, no other artist vould do that and sell out what he has.

Just now, thewayiam said:

But he's not is he? Didn' he just help a festival fall on its knees and then be a dick on tv etc....the new kids on the block thought it was cool so bought into it? He has nothing on Eminem or Jay Z when it comes to his field.

Kanye West is 100% the biggest artist in the world in his field, absolutely no question

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You don't have to do anything man but like Floorfiller said for what he does and uses to perform, no other artist vould do that and sell out what he has.

He's bigger and arguable better.

edit: beaten to it!

Edited by TheBurns