Football 16-17

kaosmark2

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

He is not a good enough player for Liverpool or England.

and yet his scoring rate has been phemonimal.

He's plenty good enough if the team is set up in the right way for him - think back to the days of Suarez - where he has space to run into, but mostly nowadays Liverpool are too far up the pitch to give him that space.

With the others playing well and him not really suiting it's probably time to give up on him, and give Origi more chances instead.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Don't pay too much attention to pundits. Giggs apparently said it was a 'war of nutrition'. Jesus wept.

Multiple times!

18 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Pogba really does look like a dud. If him and Fellaini are picked in the same team then you know it ain`t going to be pretty.

Hes very very raw yeah. Only 23 though. Difficult in that position. Takes time. But Utd can't play with nothing creative in the centre behind the forwards for the season or they'll do nowt.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

His teams are capable of scoring plenty of goals and being very attack minded. 73 goals in 14/15, 71 in 13/14, 103 with Real in 12/13, 121 goals in 11/12, 102 in 10/11, 75 with Inter in 09/10 etc.

This is defending him. These are just facts.

:lol: OK Rafa! ;) 

Did ye hear about Jose leaving the press conference only to come back to dispute the possession stats? :lol: he is some crazy cookie...

11 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Regardless of their poor league performance, Leicester are comfortable in their (admittedly easy) CL group.

Im very impressed with what they have achieved thus far in the CL. 3 wins out of 3 would not have been expected, irrespective of the supposed easiness of this group. CL games are rarely ever that easy, whoever the opponent, and the fact that this is their first time in the competition makes it very impressive indeed

3 hours ago, big__phil said:

You can understand why Ranieri is pulling his hair out - why can't the same players do as well in the league? Has the hunger gone? I don't think anyone is expecting them to win it again, but if you're a fan you'd want them challenging for Europe, at the very least.

Nah I disagree, I think the majority of fans are perfectly happy focussing entirely on having a good CL run.

Think a CL quarter final against a top dog and PL survival/ lower mid table would be happily accepted over a 6th, 7th or 8th placed PL finish.

11 hours ago, big__phil said:

You can understand why Ranieri is pulling his hair out - why can't the same players do as well in the league? Has the hunger gone? I don't think anyone is expecting them to win it again, but if you're a fan you'd want them challenging for Europe, at the very least.

I'm not sure their squad is good enough to challenge for Europe which seems mad to say about the premiership champions. Last season was a bit of a freak where everything clicked and all the players had the season of their lives at exactly the same time, but par for that squad is probably middle or slightly lower.

They are doing well in Europe, but will have the highest wage bill in that group. Still credit to them taking advantage.

This weekends fixtures:

Bournemouth v Tottenham

Arsenal v Middlesbrough

Burnley v Everton

Hull v Stoke

Leicester v Crystal Palace

Swansea v Watford

West Ham v Sunderland

Liverpool v West Brom

Sunday 23rd October 2016

Man City v Southampton

Chelsea v Man Utd

I've gotta say, not too many great looking games amongst those. Maybe Leicester v Palace or Swansea v Watford for a few goals? Can't see any of the current top 4 dropping points this weekend.

The less said about the prospect of Chelski v Man Utd the better.

Bournemouth wont be an easy game for Spurs - off the back of a really tough and tiring away champions league fixture plus Bournemouth are just hitting a bit of form (and have looked good at home all year). Still just about fancy Spurs though.

Edited by mjsell

2 hours ago, big__phil said:

This weekends fixtures:

Bournemouth v Tottenham

Arsenal v Middlesbrough

Burnley v Everton

Hull v Stoke

Leicester v Crystal Palace

Swansea v Watford

West Ham v Sunderland

Liverpool v West Brom

Sunday 23rd October 2016

Man City v Southampton

Chelsea v Man Utd

I've gotta say, not too many great looking games amongst those. Maybe Leicester v Palace or Swansea v Watford for a few goals? Can't see any of the current top 4 dropping points this weekend.

The less said about the prospect of Chelski v Man Utd the better.

Fancy Leicester, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City so keep them off your coupon B)

I`ll be more concerned with Ayr getting 3 points at home to Queen of the South. Tough game and should be a decent crowd for us : 2500 maybe.

On 21 October 2016 at 10:27 AM, big__phil said:

Can't see any of the current top 4 dropping points this weekend.

This prediction went well. 

And that's the reason why Mourinho parked the bus against Liverpool - if he doesn't, half decent teams will tear this United team apart. 

Edited by mjsell