2016 Which T-shirts? Thread

bennyhana22

As a t-shirt obsessive, (a hugely enjoyable) part of my festival preparation ritual involves the annual process of deciding which of my t-shirts will make the squad for the summer tournament.

I usually start a thread like this to ask if like-minded casual attire junkies spend similar, somewhat trivial periods of time pondering over such minutiae.

So, here is the 2016 thread!

I will be taking 5, possibly 6, t-shirts to Glastonbury, from the following shortlist (which in itself was quite a task to narrow down):

Sigur Rós - Takk... shirt, olive green, quite old and much loved. American Apparel all cotton

Anoice - The Black Rain, Japanese post-rock, defo in the rucksack

Bowerbirds - really light Egyptian cotton and earned me a shout from the band at Green Man

Blueneck - much loved small band from Frome. Played Avalon Café in 2014. Am Apparel Tri-blend. Mmmmm....rayon...

EITS - Wishing Well in cream. Am Apparel all cotton

Plaid - pre-ordered and new record related, in excitement at their announcement on Glade

AWVFTS - coffee-coloured AA tri-blend (my favourite t-shirt 'type'...love that rayon)

Richmond Fontaine - Always on the Ride. On the farewell tour. Legends

So there you have it. Anoice is definitely on the plane, the others up for grabs, though I can't see Plaid not making it. Obviously were I to take those of bands playing the festival, they would only be worn on days other than that day they're on. Obviously. I mean everyone knows the rules, right?!

Share your t-shirt plans, crazy kids

:)

Ben

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do spend some time thinking about which T-shirts to wear, hopefully creating some synergy with the activities of the day. Last year I planned to wear my Frankenstein "It's Alive!" t-shirt to the Rocky Horror Pictures Show, although that didn't quite pan out. I'm not above wearing band shirts to that band's performance,  though I don't think I own any for the bands currently announced. Still, I might even wear some Glastonbury T-shirts to Glastonbury this year! I'm a rebel like that.

Although, if this is true:

13 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Obviously were I to take those of bands playing the festival, they would only be worn on days other than that day they're on. Obviously. I mean everyone knows the rules, right?!

Then how did this happen?

Bowerbirds - really light Egyptian cotton and earned me a shout from the band at Green Man

Just now, marcoolio said:

I do spend some time thinking about which T-shirts to wear, hopefully creating some synergy with the activities of the day. Last year I planned to wear my Frankenstein "It's Alive!" t-shirt to the Rocky Horror Pictures Show, although that didn't quite pan out. I'm not above wearing band shirts to that band's performance,  though I don't think I own any for the bands currently announced. Still, I might even wear some Glastonbury T-shirts to Glastonbury this year! I'm a rebel like that.

Although, if this is true:

Then how did this happen?

Good spot, marcoolio - a rare aberration from the rules, based on the fact that no-one knows who they are. But they dedicated a song to me in the sunshine from the Mountain Stage at Green Man, so my self-created faux pas was worth it!

Ben

TOOL - Lateralus t-shirt

Dylan - Custom Maggie's Farm t-shirt

Peeping Tom t-shirt

Rise Records t-shirt

I used to have loads of really cool ones but alas I've piled on the pounds since my teenage years so I need to start building a new collection. My old Fall of Troy t-shirt is now a crop top...

My favourite band t-shirt was my ISIS one, but that now feels really inappropriate to wear in public :mellow:

Great thread! I'm probably taking these shirts with me:

Patti Smith - a heavier dark green shirt of her sitting on a pony which I bought at her Manchester concert

We Were Promised Jetpacks - They sadly won't be at Glasto this year but I bought it from the frontman himself and I really like the design (share a pic if you have one of your shirts!) and it's really light 

Radiohead - I'm planning on bringing the You Used to Be Alright/In Rainbows shirt which will hopefully make them come

Edited by weirdforces

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Good start. Excellent, even. Then the wheels fell off.

2/10 See Me.

Ben

:D

Like mentioned above. I fit in a few of my old band t-shirts and the ones that fit (slipknot, avenged sevenfold and enter shikari) may not fit in.

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

@weirdforces I always meant to try to get into We Were Promised Jetpacks, as their name is ace and I love Fat Cat records!

Ben

haha they really have a cool band and record company name. They're also really good live! I got the chance to talk to them after the EITS concert in Manchester and they are incredibly kind people and very passionate about what they do. Maybe give Bright Minds, Night Terror and Peaks and Troughs a listen if you don't know them well. 

43 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

As a t-shirt obsessive, (a hugely enjoyable) part of my festival preparation ritual involves the annual process of deciding which of my t-shirts will make the squad for the summer tournament.

I usually start a thread like this to ask if like-minded casual attire junkies spend similar, somewhat trivial periods of time pondering over such minutiae.

So, here is the 2016 thread!

I will be taking 5, possibly 6, t-shirts to Glastonbury, from the following shortlist (which in itself was quite a task to narrow down):

Sigur Rós - Takk... shirt, olive green, quite old and much loved. American Apparel all cotton

Anoice - The Black Rain, Japanese post-rock, defo in the rucksack

Blueneck - much loved small band from Frome. Played Avalon Café in 2014. Am Apparel Tri-blend. Mmmmm....rayon...

EITS - Wishing Well in cream. Am Apparel all cotton

Plaid - pre-ordered and new record related, in excitement at their announcement on Glade

AWVFTS - coffee-coloured AA tri-blend (my favourite t-shirt 'type'...love that rayon)

Richmond Fontaine - Always on the Ride. On the farewell tour. Legends

So there you have it. Anoice is definitely on the plane, the others up for grabs, though I can't see Plaid not making it. Obviously were I to take those of bands playing the festival, they would only be worn on days other than that day they're on. Obviously. I mean everyone knows the rules, right?!

Share your t-shirt plans, crazy kids

Ben

Eight t shirts?

The imelda Marcos of Glastonbury you is

1 minute ago, weirdforces said:

haha they really have a cool band and record company name. They're also really good live! I got the chance to talk to them after the EITS concert in Manchester and they are incredibly kind people and very passionate about what they do. Maybe give Bright Minds, Night Terror and Peaks and Troughs a listen if you don't know them well. 

Smashing - thanks, wf

Ben

5 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Eight t shirts?

The imelda Marcos of Glastonbury you is

Does it help to clarify in saying that I pretty much only wear t-shirts? On my top half, of course. They make rubbish trousers/pants.

I have one 'smart' shirt - for Coroner's Court, essentially - and one 'casual' shirt...for those incredibly rare occasions when even I can't get away with wearing a t-shirt.

Yes?

No?

I'd hate you to think ill of me, aki...

Ben

Ahem - not at Glastonbury, I trust, young Matthew...?

Ben

I might bring it now just because ;) 

but otherwise this is my Glasto lineup so far 

2vkauly.jpg

No idea why this is sideways... also, clearly I'm more of a shirt man 

Edited by MattDavies__