Lineup 2018

15 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I wonder what a 2018 Arctic Monkeys setlist is going to look like. I'm apprehensive that a bunch of their older tracks are going to get sidelined. 

8 or 9 from Album 6
AM: Do I Wanna Know, Arabella, R U Mine?, Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? One For The Road
Favourite Worst Nightmare: Brianstorm, Florescent Adolescent
Whatever People Say ...: Dancefloor, Mardy Bum
Suck It And See: Library Pictures
Humbug: Crying Lightning

Would you be happy with this? Not saying it's wrong but to miss out Don't sit down 'cos i've moved your chair, 505, old yellow bricks, my propeller and cornerstone, not to mention the lack of music from the first album. Really hope they drop more songs from AM have to say.

17 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I wonder what a 2018 Arctic Monkeys setlist is going to look like. I'm apprehensive that a bunch of their older tracks are going to get sidelined. 

8 or 9 from Album 6
AM: Do I Wanna Know, Arabella, R U Mine?, Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? One For The Road

If it was up to me I would have:

Whatever People Say...: Fake Tales of San Francisco, You probably couldn't see for the Lights... and When the Sun goes down and Certain Romance.

Favourite Worst Nightmare: Brainstorm, If you were there Beware and 505.

Humbug: My Propeller, Potion Approaching, Pretty Visitors and Dance Little Liar.

SIAS: She Thunderstorms, Hellcat Spangled, Piledriver Waltz, Reckless Serenade and Don't sit down.

AM: Party Anthem, Knee Socks, Arabella, Why'd you only call me when your high and R U Mine since it can be pretty good.

5 from the new.

Sad that SIAS and Humbug are dismissed. Bold are my favourites.

7 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Would you be happy with this? Not saying it's wrong but to miss out Don't sit down 'cos i've moved your chair, 505, old yellow bricks, my propeller and cornerstone, not to mention the lack of music from the first album. Really hope they drop more songs from AM have to say.

Na I'd only take Do I Wanna Know? and Snap Out Of It from AM. 

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

If it was up to me I would have:

Whatever People Say...: Fake Tales of San Francisco, You probably couldn't see for the Lights... and When the Sun goes down and Certain Romance.

Favourite Worst Nightmare: Brainstorm, If you were there Beware and 505.

Humbug: My Propeller, Potion Approaching, Pretty Visitors and Dance Little Liar.

SIAS: She Thunderstorms, Hellcat Spangled, Piledriver Waltz, Reckless Serenade and Don't sit down.

AM: Party Anthem, Knee Socks, Arabella, Why'd you only call me when your high and R U Mine since it can be pretty good.

5 from the new.

Sad that SIAS and Humbug are dismissed. Bold are my favourites.

this would be pretty good

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Na I'd only take Do I Wanna Know? and Snap Out Of It from AM. 

Arabella is the only one I rate close to my favourite Arctics, it's a real shame how dead their set could be. Good job we got Foos ay. 

1 minute ago, Jayvk said:

Odds on @Dan Wilcox purely posting that because we mentioned the 2014 situation a few pages back, and he'll never post again? haha

Betting suspended 

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

They'd sure only take 4 or so from AM? (Why you only call me when you're high, snap out of it, do I wanna know and I wanna Be Yours? (I guess maybe chuck in Knee Socks or I Want It All if they want another more upbeat one)

would probably be r u mine? and arabella over i wanna be yours, but yeah four or five would probably be decent enough

7 minutes ago, C14S said:

Love how everyone spent a page discussing their ideal hypothetical setlist for a band that probably won’t play. This thread has fallen so far.

We have like no lineup news at all. This kind of discussion is the best we're getting until the first announcement, and who says this kind of discussion is a bad thing? 

Edited by Jayvk
  • Downvote 2

On 23 May 2016 at 5:23 PM, dylangraham said:

I've been thinking about this all day and couldn't resist making the thread.

Foo Fighters
Arctic Monkeys
Kendrick Lamar

Also possible - Green Day or Florence & the Machine

Can we just take the time to imagine if Dylan was actually in the know and this is the actual lineup, we have been around this and to be honest I don't get how it has so many down votes since its pretty accurate for 2016.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Can we just take the time to imagine if Dylan was actually in the know and this is the actual lineup, we have been around this and to be honest I don't get how it has so many down votes since its pretty accurate for 2016.

Haha I noticed that a couple months ago and was pretty impressed. Guess the downvotes are from people who didn't believe back then lmao.

8 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I assume the downvotes were because someone had just opened a thread for a festival over two years away in order to do a prediction. The actual bands predicted being irrelevant.

2 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

8 or 9 from Album 6

Arctic monkeys don't normally place mardy bum, I hope they play more off first album if they play