Lineup 2018

It's defo fake seeing as no one got a notification of R&L tweeting that.

Assume they just know they're playing (and potentially know they're in the first announcement) so assumed it is the real poster. Think how many events these acts are playing over the world, they're not going to remember who's on the bill at them all and they probably don't care. At most I'd say maybe they also know Paramore are headlining which also led them to think it's real.

The only thing I can think of (and yes this is a long shot and I also believe it's fake, just putting the possibility out there) is that it is legit and for whatever reason someone took that image and edited it onto a R&L post in an attempt to make it look like people had missed the announcement/make it look more legit.

But yeah 99.9% sure it's fake.

That podcast thing is so random though.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The only thing I can think of (and yes this is a long shot and I also believe it's fake, just putting the possibility out there) is that it is legit and for whatever reason someone took that image and edited it onto a R&L post in an attempt to make it look like people had missed the announcement/make it look more legit.

Why would someone do that? So it couldn't be traced to them?

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

With the podcast, have alt stage acts been announced before? 

15 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It's defo fake seeing as no one got a notification of R&L tweeting that.

Assume they just know they're playing (and potentially know they're in the first announcement) so assumed it is the real poster. Think how many events these acts are playing over the world, they're not going to remember who's on the bill at them all and they probably don't care. At most I'd say maybe they also know Paramore are headlining which also led them to think it's real.

In some cases I think that happens but I doubt it is here. When we've spent months trying to squeeze out information on Glasto headliners and such, there have been hundreds of bands self confirm but then say they haven't been told who's headlining, and I'm sure it's been the same for R+L and many other festivals. It's probably only divulged if they're on before the headliners or opposite the headliners - ways where the choice of headliner would directly affect the act in question. edit: or where they've found out from other bands ie. not officially from the company that booked them - I imagine that happens.

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I suppose if someone was only told verbally or in plain text what the announcement would be, and they made their own poster for the announcement using incorrect fonts and images, and then also embedded it into a tweet which they also faked to make it look passable?

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I suppose if someone was only told verbally or in plain text what the announcement would be, and they made their own poster for the announcement using incorrect fonts and images, and then also embedded it into a tweet which they also faked to make it look passable?

Haha yeah, it's just getting a bit far fetched at that point though.

I am amazed at how conceivably possible it could be in terms of the acts announced though. It's perfectly underwhelming and features such random acts no one would possibly predict to be in the first announcement. Perhaps like you say, someone in the know had a go at making a fake poster that actually features legit bookings.

2 minutes ago, HolyHandGrenade said:

With the podcast, have alt stage acts been announced before? 

Yep. In 2016 the second announcement (in the same format as this) had two Alternative Stage acts on it.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

In some cases I think that happens but I doubt it is here. When we've spent months trying to squeeze out information on Glasto headliners and such, there have been hundreds of bands self confirm but then say they haven't been told who's headlining, and I'm sure it's been the same for R+L and many other festivals. It's probably only divulged if they're on before the headliners or opposite the headliners - ways where the choice of headliner would directly affect the act in question.

Yeah that's a good point, actually. A (presumably) mid-card Dance Stage act probably wouldn't be told.

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Not the worst idea tbf. People's jobs may potentially be at risk with leaks like this so getting someone to edit it like that and tweet it could be an attempt to throw them off the scent of where it came from.

Probably not, though, as you say :P

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I am amazed at how conceivably possible it could be in terms of the acts announced though. It's perfectly underwhelming and features such random acts no one would possibly predict to be in the first announcement. Perhaps like you say, someone in the know had a go at making a fake poster that actually features legit bookings.

:lol: This is annoying me, too. Who the fuck is putting Northlane, Maggie Rogers and a podcast on a fake one of these? No one, because it's stupid. Same as the Nero thing.

Only know what Northlane is because my friends who listen to nothing but Malevolence and go to see Malevolence and a million identically painful sounding bands every week saw them recently and their Snapchat stories almost broke my phone's speakers.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

:lol: This is annoying me, too. Who the fuck is putting Northlane, Maggie Rogers and a podcast on a fake one of these? No one, because it's stupid. Same as the Nero thing.

Only know what Northlane is because my friends who listen to nothing but Malevolence and go to see Malevolence and a million identically painful sounding bands every week saw them recently and their Snapchat stories almost broke my phone's speakers.

Hahah ffs it's gonna end up being legit isn't it.

Imagine how pissed off people will be if it does end up being Paramore / Foos / Royal Blood. Obviously the AM fanboys will have their rage, but there are a lot of people anticipating Kendrick to be there too.

It's gonna end up being those three isn't it.

Imagine how pissed off people will be if it does end up being Paramore / Foos / Royal Blood. Obviously the AM fanboys will have their rage, but there are a lot of people anticipating Kendrick to be there too.

I bet Kendrick ain't there tbh. Cheers Future for taking the signature high main hip-hop slot you bag of shite.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

I bet Kendrick ain't there tbh. Cheers Future for taking the signature high main hip-hop slot you bag of shite.

To be fair, we may have overstated R&L's desire to book Kendrick as a headliner. The last 3 hip hop headliners at the festival have been Eminem, Eminem and Eminem. They've not really branched out have they.

To be fair, we may have overstated R&L's desire to book Kendrick as a headliner. The last 3 hip hop headliners at the festival have been Eminem, Eminem and Eminem. They've not really branched out have they.

Great can't wait for Eminem this year

Edit: But yeah other than Jay-Z, the other hip-hop acts that 're big enough to headline R&L have never been booked by them. Kendrick's obviously been given a sub slot so I imagine they'll want him. He's also pretty much the biggest thing in music. 

Edited by Gucci Piggy

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Are RB too big to sub Foos? 
Paramore/Foos/AM?

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It was meant to be far-fetched as I was being sarcastic. :P

It's a fake, my dude.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I'd say the introduction of the NME closing set was fairly different as it completely changed the structure of the billing of that stage, which is a bit ballsy for a prediction. This is just a nugget slipped in to make it seem realistic because there's something that hundreds of other nerds weren't predicting, just like in normal announcements.

Just now, HolyHandGrenade said:

Are RB too big to sub Foos? 
Paramore/Foos/AM?

As much as i’d love to get Paramore/Foos/Arctic Monkeys with RB too i don’t see that happening at all. At this point RB are too big to sub but not quite big enough to headline imo (hence many assuming a coheadline)

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It was meant to be far-fetched as I was being sarcastic. :P

It's a fake, my dude.

I'd say the introduction of the NME closing set was fairly different as it completely changed the structure of the billing of that stage, which is a bit ballsy for a prediction. This is just a nugget slipped in to make it seem realistic because there's something that hundreds of other nerds weren't predicting, just like in normal announcements.

I think it's just that the idea that there are people this nerdy about Reading and Leeds who aren't on here has thrown me a bit.

• Upvote 1