My breakfast recipe and snack ideas. Anyone else got some?

Mich1268

1 hour ago, Thearg said:

That's why this stuffs better it's not as strong as the14% wine but yeah still gets you hammered if you drink enough

I think my tight arse friends bought it along one year but didn't bank on me and my other half at the time being professional drinkers that would drink anything :)

Ahhh, that makes sense - if I manage to swindle a ticket by some miracle, this will be on the list. I mean, I love wine, I just hate how much of a mess it turns me into, so this seems like the perfect solution :)

1 hour ago, Dr Green Thumb said:

Line of wonk and a can of cider/beer. Sorts you out until lunch. ;)

Haha, never heard it called wonk before! 

2 hours ago, madtanz said:

I find that a 'wobbly coffee' or two and wood fired pizza from the Lizard stage music cafe in green futures does the job. There's a proper chilled out vibe in the tent perfect for nursing a hangover.

I'm usually too incapacitated to move for a good hour in the mornings so first refreshments of the day need to be at camp - however I like the sound of this pizza! Sounds good for a lunch visit.

2 hours ago, fur_q said:

Espresso & Amaretto

Another great suggestion, especially as can just be added from a hip flask.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MissStarlight said:

What's the best booze for the mornings? I made the mistake one year of getting straight on the red wine because "it tastes good warm" - never made that mistake again!

I love a Bloody Mary, but effort to go and buy one, so looking for something I can have at the tent that'll ease me in gently, soothe the hangover, and not taste like piss.

Thoughts?

Black coffee and bourbon

• Tin of spam, chopped
  • Small tin of spuds, chopped
  • Small tin of Mushrooms
  • Put it all in a pan and warm it through
  • tip on small tin of beans and warm through
  • Dollop it into wraps
  • add tabasco
  • roll 'em

Eat your filling and "freshly" prepared spam hash wraps. Had this for brekky last year, kept me going until tea time.

3 hours ago, MissStarlight said:

What's the best booze for the mornings? I made the mistake one year of getting straight on the red wine because "it tastes good warm" - never made that mistake again!

I love a Bloody Mary, but effort to go and buy one, so looking for something I can have at the tent that'll ease me in gently, soothe the hangover, and not taste like piss.

Thoughts?

If you camp anywhere near where the milk trucks stop get on the white Russians, favourite around my camp :-) 

21 minutes ago, Lou1983 said:

If you camp anywhere near where the milk trucks stop get on the white Russians, favourite around my camp :-) 

YES! White Russian is my favourite cocktail - anything milky or creamy and I'm all over it. Never thought of doing this, but it's genius!

22 hours ago, McCor said:

We camped in Spring Ground last year and ate most mornings at the place at the bottom near Michael's Mead. I forget the name but the food was good!! Outside seating area too, which was lovely having a brew at watching the site at 4am Monday morning.

Lulus?

18 minutes ago, MissStarlight said:

YES! White Russian is my favourite cocktail - anything milky or creamy and I'm all over it. Never thought of doing this, but it's genius!

Just stick your vodka and kalua into a water carrier and your good to go.....enjoy!!! 

We used to go down to site and have something... But I was always wary of the breakfast van /noodle bars you find down by the other so started venturing further afield...best brekkie was by far up in the greenfields.

In the past few years we've had arrival BBQs on site along with that have a bad boy cool box that keeps stuff cold for 3 -5 days so have frozen bacon /sausages etc to have brekkie rolls at camp... Really convienient but can definitely corrolate starting to do this our time taken to head down to site.... Got later every year !!

22 minutes ago, Peroni said:

We used to go down to site and have something... But I was always wary of the breakfast van /noodle bars you find down by the other so started venturing further afield...best brekkie was by far up in the greenfields.

In the past few years we've had arrival BBQs on site along with that have a bad boy cool box that keeps stuff cold for 3 -5 days so have frozen bacon /sausages etc to have brekkie rolls at camp... Really convienient but can definitely corrolate starting to do this our time taken to head down to site.... Got later every year !!

I find myself having the same problem having camped in the CV fields the last couple of years,we all chipped in for a trailer tent that has a cooker (60 quid each folks for the four of us) and what with getting a proper sleep in and then cooking a fry up followed by Bloody marys etc we don't get in there til 3,I do feel as though we are missing a lot of it and the festival flys by,when we camped in the thick of it hunger forced you to get up and search for breakfast and once you're in you're in so ended up starting the party at ten in the morning :)

Couldn't do that anymore need the recovery sleep to much

On 25 April 2016 at 8:56 PM, Woffy said:

It's good ideas like that of mine that cause Mrs Woffy to walk off looking disgusted at me after I've embarrassed her and myself after drunkenly tripping headfirst into a bin on the way back to the tent from the long drops at 10am.

"FOR FUCKS SAKE, CHRIS! IT'S TEN O'CLOCK IN THE FUCKING MORNING!"

Sounds like a brilliant morning if you ask me! :)

10 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:
  • Tin of spam, chopped
  • Small tin of Mushrooms
  • Dollop it into wraps
  • add tabasco
  • roll 'em

Eat your filling and "freshly" prepared spam hash wraps. Had this for brekky last year, kept me going until tea time.

spam. The word I didn't think I would ever hear again. Spam egg and chips. I remember this dinner well. 

10 hours ago, Peroni said:

what cool box have you got? I want It!

15 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

The "trick" with any cool box/bag is to freeze everything before you set off including your vodka (this should be de rigeur anyway), rum, fruit juice and even tins of beer, don't bother with cool blocks they are just dead weight. Works for me.

16 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Some beers have a habit of popping when frozen, I'm told that some brands do and others don't.  Does anyone have any experience of brands which aren't going to turn my freezer into a beer flavoured slush puppy?

Why would you not want that?

12 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:
  • Tin of spam, chopped
  • Small tin of Mushrooms
  • Dollop it into wraps
  • add tabasco
  • roll 'em

I don't want to be too critical, but with all those tins, this sounds like something you'd eat in a survival bunker.

And spam!

6 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Largely because the bottom of my freezer is a mess of discarded peas, frozen chips and ice that always smells suspiciously like fish fingers.

When they pop they're already frozen, so they don't tend to cover your freezer with beer. You just get beer ice lollies. Does mean they are useless and flat if you try and defrost them though.

31 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Some beers have a habit of popping when frozen, I'm told that some brands do and others don't.  Does anyone have any experience of brands which aren't going to turn my freezer into a beer flavoured slush puppy?

Heineken pops! In bottles anyway. Wouldn't want to try it with cans now...

Cans have a bit more give when frozen than bottles to take the expansion.  Someone told me that cans with a draught widget are more likely to explode in the freezer than non-widget.  He is a qualified engineer so maybe there's science to it.

I've got an Igloo Maxcold coolbox which is ace.  Got a handle and wheels and holds 48 cans with room for ice. Pack enough frozen stuff in and it and only open it for short bursts and it will keep things cold for 5/6 days.  Everyone loves me on the Sunday when I've got cold cans left.

1 hour ago, Mich1268 said:

Something like this http://www.camping-online.co.uk/igloo-coolers-coleman-cool-boxes/coleman-coolers/coleman-50-qt-xtreme-wheeled-cooler.html

or make your own if you don't fancy the 80 odd quid http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-well-insulated-travel-cooler/ that's a small one but you can make them really big,depends on what you want to carry