Refresh (Showers, toilets etc)

Hutchmaster

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a collapsible water bottle, filled it up, left it in the sun all day then got my boyfriend to pour it over my head. Was the coldest shower I've ever had and I only did it on one day but if you really feel like you want to freshen up it's way quicker than trekking across the site and queuing for the showers

5 minutes ago, sophlamb said:

I took a collapsible water bottle, filled it up, left it in the sun all day then got my boyfriend to pour it over my head. Was the coldest shower I've ever had and I only did it on one day but if you really feel like you want to freshen up it's way quicker than trekking across the site and queuing for the showers

similar have collapsible water bottle and have a kids watering can with sprinkler end to wash my hair lol

Taken from the Glastonbury website.

"Due to the enormous demands on our water supply, Glastonbury is not able to offer large numbers of public showers. For those desperate for a shower, there are a small number of showers available at the bottom of the Kidz Field and in the Greenpeace field, but you should expect to queue for a while to use them."

25 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

I was at TITP last year and opted for Refresh which was showers and cleaner toilets etc. Does anyone know if there's an equivalent for Glastonbury? Looked around but I couldn't see any before buying my ticket.

Refresh at TITP is just an organised disaster, they should blow it up 

If you're that way inclined a few baby wipes and some spray will keep to fresh enough, personally I like to just go with it 

I have used a shower once at Glastonbury - they used to have a truck at the bottom of one of hills... it was a bit of a faf to queue and get down there and then once there the water was luke warm and not so much pressure...  i now rely on the bucket wash in the tent - with a bit of warm water left over from the first cuppa of the day

Quick once over with a wet wipe on your rancid armpits, decaying anus and putrid swingers and you're good to go. No need for showers at all.

Years ago my friend used to swear by shaving all his body hair off before the festival started as he thought it was more hygienic. So you could try that I suppose.

1 minute ago, Johnkhutch said:

Thanks guys, the shower isn't too much of an issue for me I can go a few days without, it's the toilets that worried me after seeing the site of the portaloos at T!

There aren't any portaloos any more. If you never experienced a long drop you're in for a treat 

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

Quick once over with a wet wipe on your rancid armpits, decaying anus and putrid swingers and you're good to go. No need for showers at all.

Years ago my friend used to swear by shaving all his body hair off before the festival started as he thought it was more hygienic. So you could try that I suppose.

While I wouldn't go that far, if you're a ridiculously hairy bloke like me, I do find a good pre-festival trim makes a hell of a difference!

Those collapsible jerry cans are great, I take one every year but the cheaper ones aren't very thick plastic and can easily get holes in, you can get a decent one though for about £4-5 from Decathlon. Used a collapsible bucket last year too to wash in and a sponge, that worked alright!

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

yeah there is but it's outside the fence and bloody trek, I'm sure someone will find the link for you

bucket and baby wipe wash is fine and so are the loos

I think you're thinking of this ripoff http://www.zooloos.co.uk/glastonbury-2016/