Slam Dunk 2016

justanothername

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad start imo. Yes, they could've got a better headliner than PATD, I was hoping for someone like Jimmy Eat World or (at a long shot) Brand New, but nevermind. It's only the first announcement and there are still 40 odd bands left to be announced and people are going crazy over the one headliner. You still can't go wrong for the ticket price with names like NFG, FYS, ETID, OM&M and Real Friends. I expect there'll be a lot more to come which will justify the asking price even more. I think people just like to complain for the sake of it.

18 minutes ago, damo_main said:

Not a bad start imo. Yes, they could've got a better headliner than PATD, I was hoping for someone like Jimmy Eat World or (at a long shot) Brand New, but nevermind. It's only the first announcement and there are still 40 odd bands left to be announced and people are going crazy over the one headliner. You still can't go wrong for the ticket price with names like NFG, FYS, ETID, OM&M and Real Friends. I expect there'll be a lot more to come which will justify the asking price even more. I think people just like to complain for the sake of it.

I agree it will end up worth the money but those 5 bands isn't worth £50, it's shorter than own gig sets so can't really compare what you'd pay. Panic! is shocking but after AAR it's about right.

Yeah at the moment I'm holding out for a full Four Year Strong tour but then again the next announcement will make it a lot better. Anyway if my mates goes with me to Slam Dunk we'll probably both go to see Panic (unless FYS headline a stage in which case we'll be down at the front for them)

Edited by justanothername

Probably.

Going back to the Midlands date, I see the booker say that he's from Birmingham and he's always wanted to put in on there and was close with Wolverhampton but now he's overjoyed he's been able to switch to Brum and that its increased capacity by 50%.

Yeah I can't see it going back to Wolves after this year, unless sales are poor and it costs too much to put on there so Wolves would be more efficient for running costs. 

1 hour ago, atomised said:

Even with fees indeed. 155 to buy the 3 individual tickets, 165 to buy the 3 day one

I noticed this, often do two dates anyway so would have gone for a 3 day ticket if it was Value For Money. But it's cheaper to buy three single tickets. I'm not sure that extra £10 or so is worth it just for a Tshirt & Queue Jump. Doesn't seem worth it

Who do we think could be in the future announcements? 

Looking at going to either the Leeds or Birmingham site, just not sure on which yet. Leaning towards Leeds as Birmingham is a new site so may be some teething problems...

Who would everyone recommend from the first announcement? As I only really know Panic and NFG well.

Yeah, Four Year Strong are mint.

I'd say you can start with any of them except for In Some Way, Shape, Or Form. But if I had to pick one I'd say Enemy Of The World but the Go Down In History EP is mint and probably my favourite work by them

Also been listening to Real Friends recently and they're quite good and probably worth a listen

Edited by justanothername

South is great, really nice atmosphere and really well laid out. Never had any issues getting into a stage except for the smallest upstairs stage in 2013 for Cancer Bats, and I ended up missing the first song or two. Hardly the end of the world.

Midlands I've been to once, but it's a new site this year so Can't comment. NEC is very easy to get to though, think we'll be driving up for Midlands then down to Hatfield to do the two dates this year (Lineup Permitting)

North was really cramped in the university but it was definitely a bit oversold last year in the city centre. Really well laid out but it was a nightmare getting into stages for some bands, had to watch a couple of Wonder Years songs from outside, but got in eventually. Doubt they'd have that issue again mind because Panic won't sell the volume of tickets YM@6 sold, and they probably would have learnt from their mistakes of last year. 

If I had to pick one I'd say south, but they're all great!

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/12/2015 at 8:53 PM, d1gn17y said:
Ok...so thinking about buying my sister and her friend a ticket for my sister's 14 birthday...thing is they won't have any ID as they are 14....no passport.
They will be with 2 adults. Can anyone advise whether this will be an issue at all?

The first time I went to Slam Dunk North I was 14 and not having ID wasn't a problem, I think as long as one of adults has ID it'll be alright.