Slam Dunk 2016

justanothername

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, justanothername said:

Don't think they'll play. Touring the UK a few weeks before Slam Dunk and doing dates nearby the sites themselves. Just go and see them do their own headline sets with Into It. Over It (should be awesome)

I AM ! :) but would like to see them at SDF

7 hours ago, justanothername said:

The Wonder Years for main now that their tour with Shikari is over :thumbsu:

lets hope so ! would have to be main after last year headline ....

15 hours ago, foolee said:

Who would everyone say is the best pop punk bands on the lineup? I know there's a fair few!

The Story So Far. Easily. Along with The Wonder Years, they're the best Pop Punk band on the planet for me. 

FYS is a good shout though, they're an awesome live band. 

14 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Hoping for the wonder years. If they're not added I'm giving it a miss. There are 3 acts I want to see and they're all on at the same time. My wife wants to see panic and they're also on at that time. 

Who else is on the same time as panic as the times haven't been released or is that just an educated guess?

On 4 March 2016 at 10:58 AM, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

How are the wonder years still classed as pop punk? The new album certainly isn't and it's been making its way away from that in previous releases too. 

Oh I agree. I think its really unfair to call them a pop punk band, because they're so much more than that. But that's still where they are put, I guess.

28 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Of mice and men and nfg 

Oh no, NFG are headlining a stage while Panic! are on, that's a bit of a nightmare for me as Panic! and NFG were two reasons why I got the tickets, those as well as The King Blues headlining a stage might mean I'll be watching more different bands than expected. Do you know anymore of the splits or know when they're due to be released?

13 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

As It Is doing a UK tour that ends the day before the first day of Slam Dunk, seems likely they'll be announced on Wednesday.

Not a chance I'd have thought.....they need to sell that tour out and it's easy to get tickets. Didn't even know they had their own tour on sale, be nice if it was a bit closer to me, can't be bothered to go to Notts or London for it.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Not a chance I'd have thought.....they need to sell that tour out and it's easy to get tickets. Didn't even know they had their own tour on sale, be nice if it was a bit closer to me, can't be bothered to go to Notts or London for it.

There's quite noticeably no dates in the Midlands, London or Leeds though (apparently I've not seen the dates) 

27 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

There's quite noticeably no dates in the Midlands, London or Leeds though (apparently I've not seen the dates) 

That's a good point....they would certainly help push for a ticket. For the price it is you only need to see about 5 acts probably. The whole Slam Dunk lineup could be better than the R&L lineup lol.

7 hours ago, foolee said:

Oh no, NFG are headlining a stage while Panic! are on, that's a bit of a nightmare for me as Panic! and NFG were two reasons why I got the tickets, those as well as The King Blues headlining a stage might mean I'll be watching more different bands than expected. Do you know anymore of the splits or know when they're due to be released?

Not from anywhere solid. My friend at a record shop that sells tickets for one of the legs

As It Is are playing Sheffield, so I don't know if that'd discount Leeds

If they're added I expect it to be later to let the tour sell a little first

They're on the tail end of s campaign so wouldn't surprise me if they skipped festivals this summer

Edited by oneoftherest