Slam Dunk 2016

justanothername

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone on Twitter reckon As It Is are 100% getting announced for this tomorrow. Came up after I just put Slam Dunk Festival in. 8/9 bands for me with them added and ticks a few off at the same time so probably hit up Birmingham for under £50

Edited by thewayiam

"Even more bands still to come, but here are 11 more now! Young Guns, As It Is, Trash Boat, WSTR, Heart Of A Coward, coldrain, King Prawn, [spunge], Astroid Boys, The Qemists, The One Hundred. www.slamdunkmusic.com for more info and tickets! #SDF16"

OK - they've twisted my arm.  Spunge are one of my favourite bands, so £40 quid to see them and some others is a bargain- last time paid for a hotel to go up to Nottingham to see them!

WSTR are awesome, really happy to see them on it this year, really nice guys too, Trash Boat will be fun aswell

I'll see AS IT IS on tour so I'm not too fussed with them but overall a good announcement for me, Young Guns last album was their best stuff yet as well

Astroid Boys will be maaaaadd

Main stage:
Panic at the disco
Mallory knox
Yellowcard
Mayday parade
The starting line
Young guns
Moose blood
As it is

Metalcore stage:
Of mice and men
Issues
Memphis may fire
The amity affliction
Northlane
Heart of a coward
We came as romans
Miss may i
The word alive

2nd pop punk stage:
New found glory
The story so far
Four year strong
Set our goals
Real friends
Hit the lights
Chunk no captain chunk
Roam
Trash boat

Punk rock / Ska punk stage:
The king blues
Zebrahead
Capdown
King prawn
Catch 22
Spunge
Gnarwolves

Hardcore punk / metal stage:
Every time I die
Cancer bats
Norma jean
Hacktivist
Heart of a coward
Coldrain
Astroid boys
The one hundred

The tiny stage:
Wstr

Dj stage:
Shikari sound system
The qemists

I also reckon Black peaks and Turnstile will complete the hardcore punk stage lineup, and Creeper will headline the tiny stage.

1 hour ago, oneoftherest said:

WSTR are pretty much just Neck Deep, it's Seb Barlow who writes their songs and records them, he co-writes all the Neck Deep tracks with Ben. so effectively if you like Neck Deep, you'll like WSTR

That's good to know, thank you!

Does anyone know around what time the maps got released last year? 

Really happy with the young guns addition now and lineup is shaping up nicely considering I don't completely know all the bands. 

Must sees: Panic! At The Disco, NFG, We Came As Romans, Young Guns

Will see if no clashes: Four Year Stong, The Story So Far, Cancer Bats, Yellowcard, Zebrahead, Moose Blood, Gnarwolves 

i don't really know any of the rest so am going to try get through listening to them so I don't miss any gems in the lineup and probably watch some random ones on the day! Any recommendations on where to start?

Edited by foolee

2 hours ago, oneoftherest said:

WSTR are pretty much just Neck Deep, it's Seb Barlow who writes their songs and records them, he co-writes all the Neck Deep tracks with Ben. so effectively if you like Neck Deep, you'll like WSTR

I disagree, I liked what I heard of WSTR and Neck Deep don't bother me.

I know I won't get to see them all, but there are 20 bands on the lineup I would happily go and see. That works out at £2.40 a band :lol: 

My absolute must sees are: WSTR, The Story So Far, Four Year Strong, Gnarwolves, Real Friends, Moose Blood, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! 

Others I want to see: Mallory Knox, Mayday Parade, Shikari Sound System, The Starting Line, Cancer Bats, The King Blues. 

And bands I would watch if I could/was at the stage: Of Mice & Men, New Found Glory, Every Time I Die, Trash Boat, ROAM, Northlane, Zebrahead. 

Oh and on WSTR, yeah, they sound just like Neck Deep! I never knew that about them (what oneoftherest posted) though so that is cool to know. I really really like the band, probably my favourite band I've discovered this year so far :) 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I know I won't get to see them all, but there are 20 bands on the lineup I would happily go and see. That works out at £2.40 a band :lol: 

My absolute must sees are: WSTR, The Story So Far, Four Year Strong, Gnarwolves, Real Friends, Moose Blood, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! 

Others I want to see: Mallory Knox, Mayday Parade, Shikari Sound System, The Starting Line, Cancer Bats, The King Blues. 

And bands I would watch if I could/was at the stage: Of Mice & Men, New Found Glory, Every Time I Die, Trash Boat, ROAM, Northlane, Zebrahead. 

If Shauns was anywhere near close I'd see As It Is, We Came As Romans then the the 2nd Pop Punk Stage from Set Your Goals all the way through.

Just now, thewayiam said:

If Shauns was anywhere near close I'd see As It Is, We Came As Romans then the the 2nd Pop Punk Stage from Set Your Goals all the way through.

I forgot about We Came As Romans! I would definitely check them out, clash providing. 

Overall it is an absolute bargain, especially with after party. I have a friend who lives in Leeds City Centre who has offered to put me and my other friends up for the weekend so its even more appealing as we don't have to pay out for a hotel either.

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I forgot about We Came As Romans! I would definitely check them out, clash providing. 

Overall it is an absolute bargain, especially with after party. I have a friend who lives in Leeds City Centre who has offered to put me and my other friends up for the weekend so its even more appealing as we don't have to pay out for a hotel either.

What actually is the after party?

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It is all just a mix of all punk music?

I have no idea. I assume it'd just be your average rock/pop-punk club night. All I have is Rock City in Nottingham on a Saturday night to go off of, and if it is anything like that it will be awesome. Rock City is a great night out.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I have no idea. I assume it'd just be your average rock/pop-punk club night. All I have is Rock City in Nottingham on a Saturday night to go off of, and if it is anything like that it will be awesome. Rock City is a great night out.

Rock City on a Saturday night is why I go to Nottingham although the basement just before the stairs is too heavy for me.

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Rock City on a Saturday night is why I go to Nottingham although the basement just before the stairs is too heavy for me.

Yeah the basement can be quite heavy, but I just spent my night in the main room. I only went for the first time back in December. As I walked in they were playing Wasting Time by Four Year Strong and I looked at my mate and said, "We've been missing out" :lol: 

Edited by Andre91

If we all clubbed in a few thousand we could probably become a pretty big pop punk band, it's pretty easy nowadays. Look at all the new British exports neck deep, ROAM, WSTR, Trash Boat, As It Is.

3 of 5  recorded with Seb Barlow, all five used Inception PR. And you can hire Seb to write you songs so yeah, if anyone wants to become a successful pop punk band, all you need is to be able to play a guitar and have some cash laying about.