The site on the monday after

Respectfatfrog

We always leave Monday afternoon. I recommend anyone who can afford the time to do the same. By staying till the end and seeing it through to the finish, it somehow helps deal with the fact it is all over for another year. There's plenty of food stalls open to keep you going too.

Let's not forget the main reason to leave until the afternoon: that grim Monday hangover. 

You do need to be careful of your stuff. In Park Home there were roaming children scouring anything that might have been left behind. Fair enough, but I was too scared to leave the tent alone (although that was probably partly due to that Monday hangover).

Let's not forget the main reason to leave until the afternoon: that grim Monday hangover. 

You do need to be careful of your stuff. In Park Home there were roaming children scouring anything that might have been left behind. Fair enough, but I was too scared to leave the tent alone (although that was probably partly due to that Monday hangover).

Technically, tatting begins at 6pm sharp when the public should have left.  Before then its theft.  This was explained to me this year as I began slightly earlier.

I normally leave on Tuesday. 

Technically, tatting begins at 6pm sharp when the public should have left.  Before then its theft.  This was explained to me this year as I began slightly earlier.

I normally leave on Tuesday. 

Things have tightened up over the past 2 years.  I had a run-in with some corrupt security on the Monday at Reading last year. These lot were just making sure nobody took anything that they wanted for themselves.  However at Glastonbury this year, I went round and checked with any available stewards/security and for the first time got told that officially it was a 'no' although they'd turn a blind eye as I was polite and friendly etc. but that I should keep an eye out for other security. Unlike previous years, I saw almost no other people collecting tents and it didn't feel the same.  So much so that for the first time in 10 years, I decided not to bother - all I do with them is give them away, so I didn't think it was worth the potential hassle.

I think the big difference is that over the past couple of years, various businesses have started up collecting tents and hiring them out in subsequent years.  As they don't want anyone else doing it, the official line has changed.