Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First post here but have been reading this board a lot.

Been to PS three times (13,14,16) and this year was my first time as VIP, which was great.

Register to ask one question:

VIP access code will be needed buying VIP early birds tickets. Which access code is it? The code on the wristband? and the purchase will be via portal as usual? 

22 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Predictions for 2017?

Arcade Fire

Talking Heads

Morrissey /  Vampire Weekend

I'd love your second suggestion, but can I please have some of the drugs you've been taking to think that it might happen? :D

Why do you think it might happen? You do know that those recent 'reform' stories were 100% bull, don't you?

dedicated section at the front for H&M and Heineken stages.  Allows you to jump between bands more frequently.  As a reference, I was right against the bar for LCD soundsystem, and about 8 people back for Radiohead right in the middle.  Had to get there an hour early, but in past years I was able to stroll up 15 minutes before the show started and get right up front for Moderat and Brian Wilson this year and NIN, Arcade Fire, Black Keys, Strokes, etc etc in the past

Also separate entry for Auditori shows.  Pretty much guaranteed to get in (still have to buy tickets if the show is ticketed)

dedicated bar areas at the main stages (the one to the side) and the Primavera (formerly ATP) stage

Discounted beers in VIP areas (but they're smaller, so it's hard to say what the value is

Gift pack on arrival - bag of some sort, souvenir book

Separate entries to the festival (with no lines)

In my opinion it's worth it as the difference isn't astronomical (50 euros or so, as opposed to say Coachella, where it's 2x the price).  If you don't care about being in the front, then I'd pass....

Hello people,

My boyfriend and I, visitied Primavera festival this year and we had great time, so we would like to buy two VIP tickets for next year! Anynone that has two VIP codes 2016, that won't use them?? It would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by bobirix

Well that's disappointing. Was considering going next year and getting VIP tickets as they weren't that much more expensive this year, but 300 euro is madness. Just money grabbing really, the existence of VIP in the first place is bad enough but at least it was pitched at a price low enough that most people who could afford to go in the first place wouldn't need to stretch too much to get VIP. 

Hope it comes back to bite them in the ass - can't see the line up being anywhere near as popular next year and so ticket sales will likely be slower but we will see. 

Actually, Gabi said tickets sales these last two days have been amazing. It seems they are blaming the price rise on having to compensate for selling out earlier than expected this year and the subsequent loss in income from sales of full price tickets.

PS17 pricing:

- 145€ until 12 pm on 22nd June

- 175€ from 12:01 pm on 22nd June until 7th January 2017

- 195€ from 8th January 2017 until line up is announced

- 215€ after line-up announcement and until festival

Bought two for next year...really a bit disappointed by this year's edition....sound on the main stage (except for LCD) was shite (sigur ros was a muddy mess) and too many people there to see one band. Hopefully the big ticket acts next year aren't going to fill the festival with prats again. There was definitely a different crowd than the last two years......Still coming ng back though :D

2 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Actually, Gabi said tickets sales these last two days have been amazing. It seems they are blaming the price rise on having to compensate for selling out earlier than expected this year and the subsequent loss in income from sales of full price tickets.

PS17 pricing:

- 145€ until 12 pm on 22nd June

- 175€ from 12:01 pm on 22nd June until 7th January 2017

- 195€ from 8th January 2017 until line up is announced

- 215€ after line-up announcement and until festival

Ouch. 

It was not only Radiohead, Primavera Sound is the festival where people talk too much. Really, I don't understand people there paying 200€ to talk at concerts. It was like this at every stage except Auditori (fortunately) and the Beach Club! You want to talk? Stay in the back far from the stage. You can still see the concert but you won't molest people that are there to see that band.

I'd love to tell this to someone next year.

shut-up-card.jpg

Edited by ilbeyene

• 2 months later...

Thoughts on headliners for next year? I'm guessing...

Daft Punk (if they really are saying Glastonbury, then I'm sure they'd also be at Primavera, Coachella, etc. Otherwise, I'd wager Depeche Mode as the big one)

Smashing Pumpkins reunion

Frank Ocean

Nick Cave

Bon Iver

Vampire Weekend / The xx

13 minutes ago, Bort said:

Thoughts on headliners for next year? I'm guessing...

Daft Punk (if they really are saying Glastonbury, then I'm sure they'd also be at Primavera, Coachella, etc. Otherwise, I'd wager Depeche Mode as the big one)

Smashing Pumpkins reunion

Frank Ocean

Nick Cave

Bon Iver

Vampire Weekend / The xx

half of those would be insane. all of em would be unbelievable. all of those must be quite likely contenders if they're touring next year (which you'd assume they all are, bar perhaps Smashing Pumpkins who's reunion is still a bit of a question mark, or so Billy says)