DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, StephenF said:

I take €100 per day....but I eat out! I also smuggle booze past security.

Yeah I'm planning to take some spirits in past security, but also wary that it might be a wee bit tighter than previous years. 

Just now, arcade fireman said:

Yeah we plan on having some decent tapas every day when in Barcelona - costs might skyrocket. I've been recommended this place for cheap but good cava and tapas during the day: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187497-d940427-Reviews-Can_Paixano_La_Xampanyeria-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

I can vouch for this place, it's insanely good. You will be stood and squashed in a tiny bar, you have to shout your orders across the bar to the staff. The menu is small, but tasty, every bit of food is accompanied by a glass of cava. I was in there for an hour last time, ate loads, drank loads, met tons of nice people, the bill was 12 euros. Bought a bottle of the house rose cava to take to the beach afterwards and it was something insane like 2.50 euro. I'll 100% be stopping in again this year.

NEW SECURITY MEASURES

In order to ensure the security of the audience and to guarantee that everybody has a good time during the festival, this year the following measures have been introduced:

OBLIGATORY IDENTIFICATION

It will be necessary to have your identity card or passport on you at all times, as it is obligatory to show it before or while picking up and exchanging your tickets, or if required by security staff on the Parc del Fòrum site. In the case of non-Spanish audience, copies of official ID papers from your country will be accepted (ID, passport, driver’s license).

Also, it is recommended that you pick up and exchange your ticket on the 30th,, 31st May and 1st June to avoid possible queues on the main days of the festival.

MOTORBIKE HELMETS, BAGS, BACKPACKS AND SUITCASES ON THE SITE

For security reasons it will not be permitted to enter the Parc del Fòrum site with motorbike helmets, large suitcases, bags and backpacks. As at previous editions, it will be possible to access the site with smaller backpacks and bags.

Other objects that will not be permitted on the site are: bottles, cans, laser pointers, professional photo and video equipments, drones and arms of any kind.

ATTENTION: There will be no cloakroom outside the site; as also for security reasons this service has been cancelled.

IMPORTANT: It is recommended to leave large objects and any other objects that are not permitted on the site in your accommodation and to lock your helmets to your vehicle.

Radiohead were very good tonight at Roundhouse but not so excellent that you need to dedicate your whole friday to them. They're just a few guys with guitars and a lot of talent after all. My advice would be to go and enjoy the other bands and don't stress out too much about booking the best possible spot.

9 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

NEW SECURITY MEASURES

In order to ensure the security of the audience and to guarantee that everybody has a good time during the festival, this year the following measures have been introduced:

It will be necessary to have your identity card or passport on you at all times, as it is obligatory to show it before or while picking up and exchanging your tickets, or if required by security staff on the Parc del Fòrum site. In the case of non-Spanish audience, copies of official ID papers from your country will be accepted (ID, passport, driver’s license).

Also, it is recommended that you pick up and exchange your ticket on the 30th,, 31st May and 1st June to avoid possible queues on the main days of the festival.

For security reasons it will not be permitted to enter the Parc del Fòrum site with motorbike helmets, large suitcases, bags and backpacks. As at previous editions, it will be possible to access the site with smaller backpacks and bags.

Other objects that will not be permitted on the site are: bottles, cans, laser pointers, professional photo and video equipments, drones and arms of any kind.

ATTENTION: There will be no cloakroom outside the site; as also for security reasons this service has been cancelled.

IMPORTANT: It is recommended to leave large objects and any other objects that are not permitted on the site in your accommodation and to lock your helmets to your vehicle.

Where is this from?

I assume it means you need ID to pick up the wristband (fair enough) and a colour photocopy will suffice for actual entry/checks on the site.

Drinking for 5 days carrying a passport is a great way to lose it.

Also, what qualifies as a small bag? Looks like sneaking booze in will be extremely difficult.

38 minutes ago, duckula said:

Where is this from?

I assume it means you need ID to pick up the wristband (fair enough) and a colour photocopy will suffice for actual entry/checks on the site.

Also, what qualifies as a small bag? Looks like sneaking booze in will be extremely difficult.

http://www.primaverasound.es/noticiaSingle?id=1463

53 minutes ago, duckula said:

Where is this from?

I just don't think the security will go from light touch to heavy handed. Carrying a photocopy of the passport is no biggie and they haven't said no rucksacks, just no large rucksacks (which I take to mean camping style ones).

It's all good...

11 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

NEW SECURITY MEASURES

So what does this mean for anyone planning on using a ticket with someone else's name (I.e. having bought it off them) to get in? 

14 minutes ago, tiffpietiff said:

So what does this mean for anyone planning on using a ticket with someone else's name (I.e. having bought it off them) to get in? 

I had to get a ticket for a friend on the secondary market....now with PS themselves actually reccomending seatwave as the best option for secondary purchases it would be an absolute disgrace if they demanded ID with each ticket. Seatwave doesn't offer the option to obtain the passport/covering letter!

17 minutes ago, tiffpietiff said:

They let me change the name on one of our ticket after one of us had to pull out. It was a fair few months ago though. Might be worth dropping them an email

On 5/25/2016 at 3:11 PM, jeffroTull said:

The twitter account just published the map:

http://assets.primaverasound.com/psb/images/mapa/mapa_escenarios_big.png?_ga=1.173521509.739493964.1451998420

Just a few things to note:

- They confirmed on twitter that there would still be VIP sections in front of the H&M and Heineken stages

- The beach club looks fun: pets, showers, food, drink.  I may be spending my days there instead of the beach

- New Terrazza Martini where the Bowers & Wilkins thing use to be (has a dedicated "Vermouth" icon).  

I wonder if there will be better food this year with the new areas?  I always thought that was a bit of a weak spot, especially given the food in Barcelona....

http://www.primaverasound.es/comerEnElForum

Food sounds decent. Might try a few gluten free beers as a heavy session or 5 isn't great for my asthma and this might help....and it may not be Heineken, which is a bonus.

7 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

They let me change the name on one of our ticket after one of us had to pull out. It was a fair few months ago though. Might be worth dropping them an email

Luckily I didn't use seatwave and the very kind French gentleman has sent me screenshot of his passport and permission to print and use it with a covering letter :) for the people who used seatwave on PS recommendation I worry. It's all well and good to phone for a name change if you know the person who's account the ticket was purchased from. They had better not ruin people's holidays after back tracking on the use of secondary market tickets.

Been following this thread for a few months now - thanks for all the good info!

As for these security measures - a mate has bought a ticket online. We have a copy of the original ticket holders passport. Will be this enough for my friend to get in??

Surely they need to allow for a certain amount of ticket exchange!

Edited by JohnJohn

I gave away my vip tickets to a mate last year. I emailed Primavera to let them know, they were fine about it.

My mate printed off the email correspondence between myself, Primavera and him. No problems

If you have any concerns about a resold ticket I would email them right away to check. There's a contact form on their website.