Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

4 hours ago, rzwodezwo said:

Hm, crowd was great where I stood. Super happy people dancing and singing but you could here theneedledrop during songs like Daydreaming. 

That's good, maybe I was just unlucky. 

Brian Wilson, Deerhunter, Sigur Ros, Moderat... all amazing. Great last day. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah didn't enjoy the crowd initially for Radiohead but once I moved out it was much better and much more enjoyable. Shame they played Creep but w/e, festival crowds init. Very glad I saw them in the Roundhouse tho!

Brian Wilson was so so perfect and I am so glad how well that went. Proper treat that was.

Fun weekend but absolutely knackering. The sun and the concrete really take it out of you!

The only way that festival could have been any better is if smartphonefilming-twats and talkingduringsongs-twats were wiped out violently and painfully.

Much respect and love due to the organisers. They pulled off the most wonderful and varied lineup with near perfect organisation.

37 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The only way that festival could have been any better is if smartphonefilming-twats and talkingduringsongs-twats were wiped out violently and painfully.

Much respect and love due to the organisers. They pulled off the most wonderful and varied lineup with near perfect organisation.

If you have a smartphone with a good mic then fine film a few seconds of a single song to help share and relive the memory with friends that didn't go, don't stand there all gig filming the whole set. Consistent talking is never allowed under any circumstance

Hello!

My name is Joseph, i assist to Primavera sound 2016 and it was amazing.

I'm thinking to buy Vip tickets for next year, but i need the codes in the acces card to access to one.

Anyone who has VIP tickets for Primavera 2016 and doesn't think to use it in 15 days can send me the codes plis?

Thank you very much!

8 hours ago, tiffpietiff said:

Ooh, check out that organisation for the queues outside the closing party. I know one festival that's getting a complaint email

Next year they are torn trying to decide between cancelling the free closing party and filling it with pub bands instead of bands like The Avalanches and Deerhunter. Hey presto, no queues. 

Perhaps then you will be happy...

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Next year they are torn trying to decide between cancelling the free closing party and filling it with pub bands instead of bands like The Avalanches and Deerhunter. Hey presto, no queues. 

Perhaps then you will be happy...

Oh come off it. Not getting in isn't the problem - that shit just happens sometimes. Swings and roundabouts.

what is the problem is offering zero communication to the people queueing, allowing them to stand outside for two hours with no intention of letting them in, then sending your incredibly aggressive security out to break it all up when you decide it's about time to end it. Awful. 

13 hours ago, tiffpietiff said:

Ooh, check out that organisation for the queues outside the closing party. I know one festival that's getting a complaint email

Oh come off it. Not getting in isn't the problem - that shit just happens sometimes. Swings and roundabouts.

what is the problem is offering zero communication to the people queueing, allowing them to stand outside for two hours with no intention of letting them in, then sending your incredibly aggressive security out to break it all up when you decide it's about time to end it. Awful. 

---

I believe you 100% about the security at the free afterparty being aggressive/non-communicative.

I just think that you have been to a Michelin restaurant, been served course after course of the most incredible food in a beautiful setting.

And your only comment about the entire experience is about a horrible digestive that was on the house.

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Was hoping for a proper avalanches band set, especially irritating as their dj sets were almost exactly the same too. Ah well.

It sounds like one of the trio had passport issues which could be why the set was basically a dj set, for what it's worth I thought it was a very fun dj set and Subways sounds like a great song.

55 minutes ago, xxialac said:

---

I believe you 100% about the security at the free afterparty being aggressive/non-communicative.

I just think that you have been to a Michelin restaurant, been served course after course of the most incredible food in a beautiful setting.

And your only comment about the entire experience is about a horrible digestive that was on the house.

what 

1 minute ago, rzwodezwo said:

what 

It's an analogy (Analogie in German) - look it up...

My point is that Primavera had a gig on Tuesday, several on Wednesday, then the main events of Thursday, Friday and Saturday, three sets of afternoon gigs and finally a closing party on Sunday. Plus endless fringe events.

And the poster's only comment about the entire experience is to complain about the closing party.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

It's an analogy (Analogie in German) - look it up...

My point is that Primavera had a gig on Tuesday, several on Wednesday, then the main events of Thursday, Friday and Saturday, three sets of afternoon gigs and finally a closing party on Sunday. Plus endless fringe events.

And the poster's only comment about the entire experience is to complain about the closing party.

Oh I get the analogy I just think it's bullshit. tiffpietiff gave valid criticism in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, rzwodezwo said:

Oh I get the analogy I just think it's bullshit. tiffpietiff gave valid criticism in my opinion. 

And I said it was valid criticism no doubt.

But to complain about it without mentioning anything positive about the last 4-5 days is crazily unbalanced.

Can you imagine what it is like to organise something on this scale? Organisers are not paid a lot; I think some respect is due for the overall effort and success of the festival.

47 minutes ago, xxialac said:

And I said it was valid criticism no doubt.

But to complain about it without mentioning anything positive about the last 4-5 days is crazily unbalanced.

Can you imagine what it is like to organise something on this scale? Organisers are not paid a lot; I think some respect is due for the overall effort and success of the festival.

If you want me to preface any complaints with a full review of the festival in future, then I'll be happy to do that. 

Respect is absolutely due for a fantastic festival and that should (or I thought so) go without saying. Doesn't mean I have to say that when raising a point about a shambolic and borderline dangerous event near the end. 

Edited by tiffpietiff

You say it goes without saying but I think you should say it! A few words not a full review of course - you're using a straw man argument there...

As I said, I don't dispute it was probably bad organisation on the queues from security last night. How borderline dangerous was it out of curiosity?

2 hours ago, Yesiamaduck said:

It sounds like one of the trio had passport issues which could be why the set was basically a dj set, for what it's worth I thought it was a very fun dj set and Subways sounds like a great song.

Ah didn't know about that. Song choice was great tho. Annoying they didn't play out Sliced Africa until it gets weird! Hoping we get full proper shows at some point :-)

Also security was very dangerous. Especially when the crowd rushed the stage for the avalanches, they were full on hurling people off. Had to help a guy up who fucked his ankle up pretty bad because of it. Beforehand one of the security guards allegedly hit some lad (who was doing a killer Scottish accent despite not being at all Scottish) in the face but he was really fucked up so I've no idea how true that is