Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had my €13 bottle of factor 10 confiscated on entry in case I was trafficking contraband (jokes on them, it was in my sunglasses case), and then had my phone pinched at the bus station on the way back. Goat were good though.

23 minutes ago, Messy said:

Had my €13 bottle of factor 10 confiscated on entry in case I was trafficking contraband (jokes on them, it was in my sunglasses case), and then had my phone pinched at the bus station on the way back. Goat were good though.

Bloody hell. Shit start to a trip. 

Suede were great. Just heard LCD soundcheck from a rooftop pool. 

Doesn't get much better than this.

I am a first timer but Barcelona resident. Can anyone who has been confirm where you get the hidden stage tickets? It says from the 'info desk'. I can see 2 - one outside the gate and one by the firestone stage. Is this where we need to go? Also, how early do you need to be in the queue to increase your chances to get a ticket. Is 3pm early enough. I really really don't want to miss Lush. 

On 6/1/2016 at 2:25 PM, Noeliam said:

Oh I didn't know Sigur Ros was playing yesterday! Nice to see Saeglopur but it's an obvious one! I really hope they'll play Svefn-G-Englar at Sziget. 

it was only a rehearsal for some fans. svefn is unlikely. a lot of stable tracks are now not being played given its only three of them. 

On 27 May 2016 at 3:27 PM, StephenF said:

Primavera have told me printed recipt from the secondary reseller will suffice :) the just want proof that the seller was actually complicit in the transaction. Fair enough.

Anyone been in with seatwave tickets yet? 

Got friends coming for the day tomorrow and worried they're going to get knocked back. 

They have their seatwave receipt with them so hopefully will be all alright. 

Saw someone getting knocked back last night for not having the correct ID which was pretty brutal, all his friends got in but him. 

Also security seemed pretty disinterested as usual on the way in, no thorough checks, so shouldn't be too hard to sneak drink in down your trousers like previous years!

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Hypocritical I know but far too many Brits here!, doesn't feel like I'm away.

I can relate, and also understand the hypocrisy, I live here, in Port Olimpic and from the moment we started walking along the beach to the site yesterday, all I heard was British and Irish voices. It's really odd. Like going home. Maybe because the ticket price seems cheap by UK standards, so people travel - but here, where wages are much lower, it's a bigger outlay......

On 31 May 2016 at 5:01 PM, duckula said:

Is anyone after a weekend ticket? We have a spare going for €160 if so, can meet anytime in Barca.

If you still this have this going spare, please let me know!

I have just made the very last minute, spontaneous decision to go and surprise my girlfriend and mates with my attendance. On the 6:30 flight from Heathrow and hopefully get there to see at least half of Radiohead. If anyone here has a spare ticket going at a not too crazy price, will happily grab it off you!

Edited by Ibio

had a great night last night:  Algiers>Car Seat Headrest>Beak>Empress Of>Air>Explosions in the Sky>Tame Impala>LCD>Battles.

Definitely more crowded that in past years, which has caused me to rethink some of my bopping around.  Wasn't planning on staying at the big stages all night last night, but with so many people it just made more sense.  Likely do the same today for Radiohead, which is going to be madness.  Just heard them doing soundcheck from my hotel room.....

I have a hot tip for any VIP that's dying to see Radiohead on the front row:  Go see Savages and be in the VIP section.  They'll kick everyone out of it after Savages.  Stay right outside the VIP section during Beirut.  It'll be a shitshow getting in, but you will get in.

Have a great time everybody

On 5/26/2016 at 6:17 PM, Rio said:

I can vouch for this place, it's insanely good. You will be stood and squashed in a tiny bar, you have to shout your orders across the bar to the staff. The menu is small, but tasty, every bit of food is accompanied by a glass of cava. I was in there for an hour last time, ate loads, drank loads, met tons of nice people, the bill was 12 euros. Bought a bottle of the house rose cava to take to the beach afterwards and it was something insane like 2.50 euro. I'll 100% be stopping in again this year.

Went here today, superb.

8 hours ago, smwatson said:

Nowhere near enough bar staff (or toilets) by main stages. Loads standing around by Ray Ban/Primavera. Why don't  they move around the site to deal with shifting demand? 

Interesting, asides from the beach club Thursday pm I've not had to wait more than a couple of mins for a beer, usually served within a minute, during Radiohead I managed to get 3 rounds in with minimal wait time.

Speaking of radiohead, what a setlist! Also not nearly as crowded as I feared, managed to turn up ten mins before the start and make it in line with the mixing desk with little effort, had enough room to dance too! LCD sound system felt way more crowded

3 hours ago, Yesiamaduck said:

Interesting, asides from the beach club Thursday pm I've not had to wait more than a couple of mins for a beer, usually served within a minute, during Radiohead I managed to get 3 rounds in with minimal wait time.

Speaking of radiohead, what a setlist! Also not nearly as crowded as I feared, managed to turn up ten mins before the start and make it in line with the mixing desk with little effort, had enough room to dance too! LCD sound system felt way more crowded

Agree with all that. That may have been the best gig I've ever seen. You could hear a pin drop at times in a good way. never seen that before.

Yeah, couldn't believe how good the crowd was at Radiohead. People actually getting shushed if they piped up during quiet bits, never ever seen that at a festival crowd. Only had one dickhead trying to push through as well.

I'm probably spoiled by Radiohead crowds but i thought it was a dreadful crowd for them. Non stop chatter from about 10 people back in the front bit. I moved back in the end for a bit more space and peace and quiet. I also thought the sound was seriously quiet, felt way louder for Savages and Deerhunter right now...

Fun little festival setlist though. Relieved I got Talk Show Host and 2+2=5, now seen basically every song I wanted to this tour.

1 hour ago, smwatson said:

I'm probably spoiled by Radiohead crowds but i thought it was a dreadful crowd for them. Non stop chatter from about 10 people back in the front bit. I moved back in the end for a bit more space and peace and quiet. I also thought the sound was seriously quiet, felt way louder for Savages and Deerhunter right now...

Fun little festival setlist though. Relieved I got Talk Show Host and 2+2=5, now seen basically every song I wanted to this tour.

Hm, crowd was great where I stood. Super happy people dancing and singing but you could here theneedledrop during songs like Daydreaming. 

Brian Wilson was amazing, the highlight of the weekend..... Until Sigur Row happened, holy shit that light show! Pindrop silence through out!! I'm not even a big sigur ros fan and that may have been the best gig I've ever seen. Also to add balance to the comment above I thought boredoms were fantastic, especially in being bale to shush what had been an incredibly chatty festival crowd so early in the day.