Peeing on the land

sheffieldlady

I hope everyone had a wonderful festival, currently enduring the coach ride home without air con.

This year the do not pee on the land message seemed much stronger, especially with the messages appearing on the screen. I know its a massive threat to the festival, was it any worse this year than previous years?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did think this year that the Leave No Trace message was the strongest I'd ever sensed it. People were openly challenging the morons who pissed in the hedges

I did only leave at 7am this morning and at this time all the camp sites still seemed full in the majority, however those vacated spots did look a whole lot tidier than previous years. 

It all ties in with my feeling that this was the best crowds I'd ever experienced at G

Edited by Alcatraz

I heard this year was the closest in some time that the water tests almost got the Festival shut down. That's why the message was so strong. The licence depends upon the streams staying piss free. People don't seem to get how close they come to putting an end to the whole thing by pissing on the land.

Compared to other festivals, I hardly saw anyone do it. In fact, the only time I saw it was when I was heading to Arcadia last night and the toilets just off the old railway line on the path there were massively crowded, so a load of stupid men were pissing up the fence, and making the ground disgusting too.

In terms of the Leave No Trace, a few bin bags were left by neighbours around our tent, so I just made sure I picked up a bit of their stuff to help out the volunteers who will be clearing the site over the coming days.

Was talking to a guy who said he was sat on the benches outside the Glade one night and a girl next to him asked him if he minded if she took a piss. He was a bit confused and said ok, not really understanding why she asked him. She then lowered her arse off the bench, pissed, sat back up and said "cheers"

F&cking animals  - would they do that any where else?

Did more of the urinals only have one way in and out this year? There was also plenty of space in the ones at the back of the other stage but people didn't seem to walk to the end as it was just a dead end.

Yeah just the one entrance/exit, still it's not much of an effort to walk to the end though, there were loads of people pissing against the fence in the urinals where there was tons of space down at the end, absolutely bone idle and senseless

Yeah just the one entrance/exit, still it's not much of an effort to walk to the end though, there were loads of people pissing against the fence in the urinals where there was tons of space down at the end, absolutely bone idle and senseless

Saw this at the urinals by WestHolts. Blokes pissing up the fence that leads to the urinals where there was NO queue! What's that all about?

F&cking animals

I wish they'd try putting urinals along all the fences on the inside.  Obviously there shouldn't be a need for this, but something needs to be done to to try to reduce the amount of pissing on the inside fence.  By far the most pissing on the land I've seen in inside the urinals, but onto the fence and directly onto the floor.  And it's been the same for years.  If these knobheads think that once they're 'inside the toilet', they can piss anywhere, then can't the festival at least give them less opportunity to piss on the floor once they're in there?  The only other alternative I can see is putting stewards inside every urinal telling people off.  That would make the place feel less free and surely would be more expensive than modifying the urinals.  Trying to improve the education seems like it's only going to go so far.

Saw this at the urinals by WestHolts. Blokes pissing up the fence that leads to the urinals where there was NO queue! What's that all about?

F&cking animals

I've seen blokes queue for a few minutes to get inside the urinal, and rather than wait another 10 seconds for a spot to become free, just piss against the wall\fence\barrier.  Really, really fucking stupid.  

PISSING NEAR A TOILET IS NOT PISSING IN A TOILET!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Loads of fucking bellends doing it.. One kid outside the spider last night (with toilets right next to him) shouted 'I'm gonna piss by that fence' along with some other dross.. It was so blatant, these mongrels need a kick in the pods

I think that's the same ones I yelled at that if the Festival was cancelled next year because of them I'd personally hunt them down.

Some prick pissed up the back my daughters legs in the Other Stage field last night during the Chems....I was fuming but couldn't give chase as she is only 11 and was really upset.....some people just don't give a shit!!

That's awful! How terrible, I hope she'll forget that, during such a wonderful set too - complete bastards!

So many doing it to the right of the other during Jamie T yesterday.

its ridiculous that someone would walk to the urinals but then just piss on the fence.

I will say the only criticism i'd have this year is it seemed like there were a lack of toilets, I was desperate for the loo and ended up running more than half the site aimlessly before I got to some

Some prick pissed up the back my daughters legs in the Other Stage field last night during the Chems....I was fuming but couldn't give chase as she is only 11 and was really upset.....some people just don't give a shit!!

If only that were the case.  A few years back someone had a shit in the urinals.  I mean just WTF?

That's awful! How terrible, I hope she'll forget that, during such a wonderful set too - complete bastards!

It all happened pretty quickly and managed to calm her down and get her cleaned up in no time.

She can't be that scarred....she wants to go again next year haha :)

How was Camplite?

People were pissing everywhere, on the hoarding to the right of the other stage, in the bushes up at Flagtopia, on the floor near the Glade, and special mention to the 'young adults' camped near us in Hitchin Hill who were a group of about 20 who were just pissing in the hedges behind our tents on constant rotation.

I don't think they can fail to realise the effect they could be having, it's on the stage screens every 5 minutes - they're just lazy fucks who couldn't give a shit!

Oh and some guy pissing in a bin in view of some loos in the campervan fields this morning as we left, nice.