That dress

windy_miller

I saw blue and gold, then blue and black.

I can't see the white at all.

Apparently someone's analysed the actual colours on the pc, and it's blue. it's something to do with the way blue light travels through the eyes or some such science.

Edited by feral chile

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/27/is-this-dress-blue-black-white-gold_n_6766974.html?1425028393

'And there are some cracking customer reviews, including: “This dress is a glitch in the Matrix” and “this dress made me lose all my friends and now I am so lonely.” '

:D

Edited by feral chile

I genuinely don't understand how people can't see the very clear Blue. The way the light bounces off the Black may trick you into thinking it's slightly Gold but it is still clearly Blue and Black.

This.

I can't make myself see white, or even how anyone could. The black looks a bit ambiguous, as if you have to work out what light's shining on it, but the blue is very clear.

That link I posted reckons the actual dress is royal blue, there's a picture on there where that's really clear.

EDIT I just scrolled to the top of this thread after posting this, and it was white!

I'm freaked out now!

(it's gone back to blue now)

Edited by feral chile

This.

I can't make myself see white, or even how anyone could. The black looks a bit ambiguous, as if you have to work out what light's shining on it, but the blue is very clear.

That link I posted reckons the actual dress is royal blue, there's a picture on there where that's really clear.

EDIT I just scrolled to the top of this thread after posting this, and it was white!

I'm freaked out now!

(it's gone back to blue now)

somebody else told me scrolling past it makes it look White.

I was an avid white/gold supporter last night (saw no trace of blue or black whatsoever). Then I got into bed, saw it again and it was completely blue/black. Looked back through all the places I'd seen the picture and they'd all become blue/black.

The people saying things along the lines of "No matter how hard I try, I just can't see blue at all" are misunderstanding it. It isn't that people are seeing the same thing and interpreting it differently; people are just seeing completely different block colours. It's to do with the lighting in the picture and how we see it. Don't really understand it fully.

For me, it's very clearly white and gold. I can sort of understand the blue, especially on the lower part of the dress due to the lighting making the white seem very light blue, but I can't understand how there can be any black on that dress. We we're discussing it at work tonight. Two of us saw white and gold and two others black and blue.

It is strange how it has complete taken the internet over though.