Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a no brainer year next year.

But its more to do with the fact the acts are just not around. 

Tool.... maybe 2017. 

That's enough to believe Soni is defo off. I'm presuming you are off the belief one is BMTH?, if so, they really didn't have anything.

BMTH should headline, "Thats The Spirit" is selling incredibly and even the singles are doing well.

Not to mention they've just sold a shit tonne of UK tickets.

They aren't doing anything major to need to sell to be honest.

Chart website says the Phonics are closer than The Libertines.

I know, I don't think I'm far from being correct that Biffy Clyro wouldn't be a Download headliner next year and going by luckysalt saying there are no other choices, I'd imagine they would be one. Andy wasn't impressed by 2012 though and he shouldn't be as it was easily the worst I've seen them. They won't be at IOW, R&L, V or T (I know they repeat a lot but I can't see them just two years later).

I'm pretty sure that first sentence says he's not far wrong when he says they won't be headlining, but he imagines they will be headlining...?

Actually I don't even know which of his points are about Biffy and which are about BMTH since the quoted post was about BMTH.

It's just one massive clusterfuck of sounds that don't make any sense.

I'm pretty sure that first sentence says he's not far wrong when he says they won't be headlining, but he imagines they will be headlining...?

Actually I don't even know which of his points are about Biffy and which are about BMTH since the quoted post was about BMTH.

It's just one massive clusterfuck of sounds that don't make any sense.

At first I read it as the first sentence being about Biffy not playing Download but BMTH headlining if there aren't any other options but I think it's actually all about Biffy for some reason.

Recycling an old point I made but I'm very open to the chance only one of both Maiden and Sabbath will be there and instead someone who's tour plans aren't known to us.

Starting to warm to the idea that Biffy might be at Download, as I'm doubting they are in the running for Glastonbury.

BMTH, Biffy Clyro and Black Sabbath/Maiden would still shift tickets...

heck it could even be Rammstein, Biffy Clyro and Black Sabbath

with Sabbath out of the picture after next year i can't imagine Download not throwing everything they've got to get them one last time, and saving at least one of Metallica/Maiden for the following year (because what else have they got?)

Black Sabbath, System Of A Down... somebody else (Biffy?) for 2016

Bring Me The Horizon, Iron Maiden, Metallica for 2017

i would replace either Metallica or Maiden with Tool, but either of those not appearing on the lineup for more than 4/5 years seems far more unlikely than Tool releasing an album in time/headlining (and i definitely don't think they'll be ready by next year - they don't seem in any rush to get the album finished)

Edited by FloorFiller