Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the current line up on the website, I've got a feeling Ben Howard might be Friday's sub or one down that...

Do you think that Pharrell and Ben Howard as headliner and a sub can sell all Friday day tickets? I think that if Pharrell is co-headlining with someone then maybe they can put Ben Howard as last year Bastille.

Edited by e2p2

Do you think that Pharrell and Ben Howard as headliner and a sub can sell all Friday day tickets? I think that if Pharrell is co-headlining with someone then maybe they can put Ben Howard as last year Bastille.

I personally believe that's too weak. I'm 100% convinced Pharrell is merely a coheadliner. He's only subbing at Pinkpop and Isle of Wight, Roskilde and Main Square are the only other ones having him as a headliner. But Roskilde tends to have 2 headliners per day, and the day tickets for Pharrell's day at MS are merely 40 euros, so it fits there.

I'm expecting something like Ben Howard - headliner - Pharrell (dance closer) or Ben Howard - Pharrell - other headliner.

On another note: The Script and George Ezra are confirmed for Main Square, so they can be considered certainties.

I personally believe that's too weak. I'm 100% convinced Pharrell is merely a coheadliner. He's only subbing at Pinkpop and Isle of Wight, Roskilde and Main Square are the only other ones having him as a headliner. But Roskilde tends to have 2 headliners per day, and the day tickets for Pharrell's day at MS are merely 40 euros, so it fits there.

I'm expecting something like Ben Howard - headliner - Pharrell (dance closer) or Ben Howard - Pharrell - other headliner.

On another note: The Script and George Ezra are confirmed for Main Square, so they can be considered certainties.

Ben Howard - Pharrell Williams - The Prodigy.....that could maybe save this Friday! ...but I was hoping Ben Howard would be in the Barn at the same time as Pharrell Williams playes the Main Stage :P

..but I was hoping Ben Howard would be in the Barn at the same time as Pharrell Williams playes the Main Stage :P

I like this idea, @Gossard :) The problem is that you just made Alt-j as the ones that are playing before Pharrell.. :(

The script at MS festival is bad news as they awful and will probably play higher then 2013.

As for Counting Crows, they hinted at a show in Belgium that they will come back in the summer and they do play at the Netherlands at the weekend of RW. I hope RW will book them but there are some other Belgium festivals around that time.

Edited by e2p2

Ed Sheeran's on a world tour most of early next year, finishing at Wembley 10/11/12th July. But he has got June free, with the year he's had he's got to be at Glasto surely and if we're on the same weekend...

Am I really living in a world were Ed Sheeran can fill Wembley three nights in a row??

Ed Sheeran's on a world tour most of early next year, finishing at Wembley 10/11/12th July. But he has got June free, with the year he's had he's got to be at Glasto surely and if we're on the same weekend...

he was third down at glasto last year so he probably won't be back on the same album cycle

Guys,

So who do you think is the band / act that Rock Werchter changed the date for? Are we still waiting for that band? I don't think that any of the bands named till now are that BIG to change the date of the festival for.

Correct me if I am wrong

The first sentence from the description of the first announced band is ...

Back by popular demand. So well-loved are Foo Fighters, that we are more than happy to move our dates forward a week to catch the best rock band of the moment..

The first sentence from the description of the first announced band is ...

Back by popular demand. So well-loved are Foo Fighters, that we are more than happy to move our dates forward a week to catch the best rock band of the moment..

Cheers mate. Must have missed that! I thought something bigger then that :)

I think that whether Lenny & Pharrell are headlining depands on ticket sales. We haven't got updates on that since the 45k mark and the Thursday sellout. Last year they updated much more on facebook. Does a fellow Belgian know something about the tickets sales so far From radio or something?

Edited by e2p2

Bigger than Dave Grohl and Foo's? Who, Kurt Cobain or The Doors? I don't know a bigger name at the moment than Foo's and Muse.

I can think of a lot of bigger bands than the Foos;) However, they are probably the biggest band that Werchter can/will employ (unless poor ticket sales forces them to contract a bigger band).

Hi ! I'm new on this forum. I've read the posts. I hope that Airbourne, Mumford and Sons (Saturday headliner), Frank Turner, the Gaslight Anthem, Gogol Bordello, the National, the Prodigy and Knife Party will play at #RW15 . The Foo's are a great band, and I'm glad to see them on Thursday, but not the greatest one. Personally I think that the two greatest touring bands are by far Pearl Jam and Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band. Do you think that Bruce could be the Saturday's headliner ? Second question : is it possible for the bands I have quoted to play at RW this year ?