Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Gossard, I think that Ben Harper will be cool (like Jack Johnson last year), and Jungle will be a good time too. Where is the rock music on Friday ? For the moment, the line-up seems a little bit poor compared to last years...

I agree with Gossard, I think that Ben Harper will be cool (like Jack Johnson last year), and Jungle will be a good time too. Where is the rock music on Friday ? For the moment, the line-up seems a little bit poor compared to last years...

You are right the line-up does look a bit weak compared to 2014 but im happy with muse,foo's and lenny kravitz, though i hope more big names will be announced because after all we have just 26 out of 120+

I'd say either that main stage or Ben Harper headlining the barn. Plus I think Muse are closing the festival so could be a dance act on the Saturday to be announced, some thinking the prodigy.

Only 79 acts played at Werchter last year and the year before so more like 53 acts left to announce, maybe a few more/less which depends on Rock Werchter really.

I think high slots are mostly there with a few exceptions, I think 3 of the biggest names left to be announced will be The Prodigy, dEUS and Editors, maybe The Strokes/The Libertines but not sure I can see either of those two playing.

Can't see anyone else taking the spots unless someone like Coldplay/RHCP/Radiohead release a festival tour which is unlikely.

If the lineup is weaker in big acts it makes it a good reason to change the dates of the festival to get Foos because if they are struggling for headliners without Foo's I don't know how well it would sell but I could just be looking far too much into this.

I think high slots are mostly there with a few exceptions, I think 3 of the biggest names left to be announced will be The Prodigy, dEUS and Editors, maybe The Strokes/The Libertines but not sure I can see either of those two playing.

Can't see anyone else taking the spots unless someone like Coldplay/RHCP/Radiohead release a festival tour which is unlikely.

If the lineup is weaker in big acts it makes it a good reason to change the dates of the festival to get Foos because if they are struggling for headliners without Foo's I don't know how well it would sell but I could just be looking far too much into this.

Yeah I guess so. People like Beck, too, who I guess could co-headline (not sure how weak this would be seen as). Morrissey? Bjork?

I've been saying for a while there is a major band waiting for the glasto announcement to release dates for other fests.

It can't be a coincidence that isle of Wight, werchter, roskilde etc etc are waiting for a headliner to be announced. I can't see it being Radiohead with Phil Selway playing dates in June, I would not be surprised if Coldplay are the missing headliner to play festivals I've mentioned.

Edited by thetime

Well, last year people complained too about the lineup being weaker then the year before, and Im sure people said so before either. I wasnt there in 2012 but Im sure that when it turned out that Editors and the XX are the main acts of a day people were angry, but now people say it was indeed a great night (I know that M&S and C&S have played that day too but still).

With the way RW decide to announce acts this year in small packages (like last year), most of us usually cant find more than 1-2 acts we're happy about in each announcement but eventually it'll be OK.

Muse-Kasabian

Foo Fighters-Florence

2 days' head spots are full already.

and I think Pharrell is already one of the headliners. I'm expecting another pop artist under Pharrell, that could easily be Ed Sheeran, Justin Timberlake, or someone like them. It'd be weird to see The National or Editors before Pharrell, really. If The Barn closes with Ben Howard + The National/Editors, it'd be perfect.

and Saturday.. Where will Noel be playing at? I don't think they'll co-head Lenny Kravitz, so there should be a name between them. It could be The Strokes / The Libertines, foolee is right.

The Chemical Brothers

Foo Fighters

Florence + The Machine

+ (Imagine Dragons)

+ (Kodaline)

+

+ (Major Lazer)

Pharrell

+ (Ed Sheeran)

+ (The Kooks)

+ (Bastille)

+