guypjfreak

I'm abroad for t-day from the looks of things so will be relying on friends to sort me out. Last year I didn't get a sniff of the ticket page so ended up getting our tickets via friends anyway.

2 of our group were abroad last T day and both got through straight of the bat and got 8 tix each .....so may be worth you still trying old son .....its one of our friends 40th next year so theres a whole lot more that are going so its gonna be hard this time round to get ALL tix ..........

we [ our group ] got 43 tix in first sale plus 8 on couches and 4 in resale tix last year and we reckon theres another 15 extra wanting to go next year .................................................................gonna be crazy and some aren't gonna get tix i fear BUT weve always been lucky in the past so im hoping well be lucky again ................................im getting nervous lol

I've been to 7 glastonbury's, the first 3 I got in under/over (with assistance from security landrover) /under the fence (the last yr being 2000) and a very poor student / didn't know any better / didn't care) then a big gap until the last 4 where I worked. I have never been through ticket day traumas. This still doesn't stop me getting worked up about ticket day, I have several friends each year trying for tickets plus all you lot on here. If I'm not working that day I am more than willing to try on other's behalf as I have done before. I just don't know if my nerves can take it!

A few of my friends don't know why I panic about it.

They've never been.

They're going to try to get tickets for next year.

If they're successful, then next June they'll know.

They'll know.

yea ive had a few people say im over reacting blar blar blar but then they have never been so dont get it or they have now been and really do get it lol

i

its the ones that dont worry and expect you to do it lol i dont bother any more ...if your not up and ready by 8am your at the bottom of my list lol

I love the buzz and do get nervous but sort of deep down know that even if I was to miss out on tickets due to living local-ish there would always be a way for me to get in.

Nothing quite beats the feeling of securing your ticket on that sunday morning though :)

I've got big dread, 6 and a bit weeks until i know!

Was unsuccesful last year so surely this year the festival god's will be on my side???

Anyone know if they are doing coach tickets seperatley again?

Might have to give that a go this year too

I hear you! In the same boat. Definitely try coaches in my opinion. Probably shouldn't be encouraging others to do so for selfish reasons, but I found it so much easier in both the main sale and resale. Stupidly got a coach ticket for a mate last year thinking I'd sort myself out in the main sale... I didn't. Regretted it for months.

I hear you! In the same boat. Definitely try coaches in my opinion. Probably shouldn't be encouraging others to do so for selfish reasons, but I found it so much easier in both the main sale and resale. Stupidly got a coach ticket for a mate last year thinking I'd sort myself out in the main sale... I didn't. Regretted it for months.

How does it work if one or two of the group live abroad? There may be 10 of us and 2 live overseas :) is it worth them trying for the groups too?

There is no difference online except they have to pay using a credit card if they are lead booker.

There is an international telephone line that some people have reported sucess with but i reckon its just as good chance as everyone else.

Edited by LondonTom

My brothers sodding getting married on Saturday 4th, and I'm his best man.

The wedding is going to be in Stafford, and I know his wi-fi is blooddy useless. I live in Manchester, so the plan is to get up and drive home 5ish on Sunday mornin, just so I can get on my internet at home.

Will be trying the coach packages too, just so i dont have to worry about it.

How does it work if one or two of the group live abroad? There may be 10 of us and 2 live overseas :) is it worth them trying for the groups too?

we had one in Australia one in san Francisco and one in Tokyo and all 3 got through and got 12 tix between them so i shouldnt worry to much .....

It's now quite likely I'll be participating in a clinical trial on ticket day. That means I'll be in a unit a bit like a hospital ward. That's not a huge problem because they do have decent wireless there, but there will be a dosing of the drug involved "in the morning" on that day. That's horribly ambiguous wording, and dosing would take about 15 minutes to do. 15 precious minutes that could make all the difference if they fall between 9 and 10am...

• Upvote 1

Just found out I've got a stag do to go to on the 4th. Man...ticket day with a hangover turmoil......

I'll probably be going by coach again though, so won't have to worry. I should at this conjecture point out to all those considering going for coach this year that it should be avoided. A horrible, unconfortable, smell, sickly, generaly unpleasant experience that will result in you having a thouroughly horrible time. As we all know, people with coach tickets get a black wristband which means they are only allowed to watch bands from the back of the Pyramid field for the whole weekend and are not allowed to visit any other stages. They are forced to wear purple, spotted capes with the legend "COACH KNOB" written on the back and can only eat bags of prawn cocktail crisps for the entirity of the festival. Alcohol is banned. Best avoided, don't try for them, really... don't.

• Upvote 1

It's now quite likely I'll be participating in a clinical trial on ticket day. That means I'll be in a unit a bit like a hospital ward. That's not a huge problem because they do have decent wireless there, but there will be a dosing of the drug involved "in the morning" on that day. That's horribly ambiguous wording, and dosing would take about 15 minutes to do. 15 precious minutes that could make all the difference if they fall between 9 and 10am...

I'm sure one of us could loan you the £200 if you're short? That's some dedicated fandom :lol: