Your Journey To Glasto 2014

Guest kalifire

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finish work on the Tuesday, head home and try to sleep for a couple of hours (which is impossible). Load the car up around 9:30pm, meet everyone else in Glasgow around 10-ish and then cruise down the M74/M6/M5.
Depending on the amount of stops we have, we usually get into the car parks around 6ish and start queuing.
So long as everything goes smoothly at the gates, we can be in and set up by 10am, then sleep for a few hours (so long as its not scorching hot weather). We always feel pretty destroyed on the Wednesday, but its worth it once we've caught up on sleep!
Edited by StevieMcK

Mine's mundane compared to everyone else. Wake at 7am, cup of tea, bit of brekkie and then a 60-80 minute drive up from Torbay and I'm there. I think last year the walk from the car parks, getting in, etc took longer than my journey!

Some epic journey's on here - feel slightly guilty :-p

Wake up on Wednesday. Make ten minute journey to Bristol coach station. Get on coach. Arrive. Presumably amid horrific traffic (though I've never been on the Wednesday morning before, so that's an assumption). Not nearly as exciting as some people on here.

Slightly boring compared to others on here, but leaving on a private minibus from near Portsmouth at 4:30am on the Wednesday morning, going to Bath & West Showground, getting shuttle bus into festival site and arriving hopefully as close as possible to gates opening at 8am.

Hoping to have tent and everything set up by 10am, then can crack open a few cans.

Friend will be travelling from Bradford down to my house near Sheffield on Tuesday evening, then me, him and my husband will set off driving probably about 3am, normally arriving on site by about 10ish, all being well.

I'm setting off Tuesday morning, hitchhiking from northants down to campsite near festival (green acres ). Hoping to find somewhere to watch the football. Then up early for the 30 min walk to site early on the Wednesday morning. So if you see me pls stop and pick me up haha.

Leave at 5 on the Tuesday evening in a camper convoy and depending on queues be set up by 6.30 drinking some cider. It's only a 15/20min journey so only hold up are the volume of vans arriving at the same time as us.

Husband, son and daughter-in-law will be driving from Edinburgh on Tuesday morning. I'll get a train from London to somewhere near Glastonbury, they'll pick me up and we'll stay overnight in a hotel before setting off early Wednesday.

I'm of the 'get there early, set up then have a disco nap' train of thought.

Don't know where we're going to stay yet. I feel as if we've left it a bit late, but we only made this plan a couple of days ago (got tickets last week).

Catch the Friday afternoon flight from San Francisco and down sleeping tablets to kick start my body clock to UK time. Arrive Heathrow Saturday morning. Head straight to a stag-do in London (don't normally go to stag-dos but this is an excellent way to get back into drinking decent beer).

Slink down to Kent to recover on Sunday, repack Monday then pick up motorhome on Tuesday. Drive back to London, pick up people. Head down the M3. Make customary traditional stop at Fleet Services then finally make the last leg to Pilton arriving around 9pm.

Miles travelled about 5,594. I don't want to think about how much that'll all cost but it'll be worth every penny.

Costly lesson learnt from last year, do not try to get a flight back to San Francisco the following Tuesday, it's not gonna happen.

Edited by PaulieV

Seecoach from Leeds at 7.15 and no idea what time it will arive at, early afternoon I'd imagine

In car early/mid morning on Tuesday. Drive to B and B near Wells, meet mates. Stay overnight, get up, last shower, cooked breakfast.

If it's like last year, down back road, turn left, turn right, park, and we're in!

Set off from Essex on Tuesday afternoon with the other half, our 16 year old Son and his mate. Staying overnight in a nearby motel, and then the rest of our group meeting us there in the morning, and heading to the car parks about 7am

1) Drive down on Tuesday morning (about 2 hours).

2) Collect vehicle pass from red gate.

3) Drive onsite to my venue to offload kit about 12 noon.

4) Drive to my crew campsite and set up tent abiut 2pm

5) Drive offsite to the crew carpark about 4pm.

6) Cycle back into festival.

The exit strategy is the same but reversed.

Really enjoying this thread, great to hear people's plans :)

Unfort can't make it til Thursday, but it should be a case of:

A ) Leave home.

B ) 10-15 mins later, arrive at Shepton Mallet showground.

C ) Get the shuttle bus to gate A.

D ) Job done - beer and settle in.

Edit: same in reverse on Monday. Home, showered and eating breakfast by 10AM last year ;)

Edited by geoffboycott

Staying just north of Bristol on the Tuesday night. Unlike most people on here xD we'll have a long lie on the Wednesday morning (well at least 8am) and then leisurely make our way down to arrive sometime around lunchtime/early afternoon; hopefully that'll mean the queues will have quietened down somewhat from the initial madness. Plenty of space in Pylon so no rush to grab a bit of land.