Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

I don't agree, but with PTSA I can understand (though live, songs like Jubilee st and higgs bosun blues are tremendous). 

With regards to Skeleton Tree, you're right, there is something wrong with you. Your last post regarding this mentioned "nothing to hum along to" or something. Personally when I've listened to it, I'm singing the title track and I need you for the rest of the day so don't even see that side of your argument. 

I think I need to see him live again. it's been too long. I reckon you're right, seeing PTSA live might make the difference. We'll see. I passed up the option of a ticket last time he came to Moscow, cos I was skint. If he comes back this time, I'll go.

in fairness to PTSA I havent listened to it in years, and cant imagine a time I ever will again. I've got live albums of Cave that have much better versions of the songs on. Eg glastonbury 2013 bootleg, the cave live at the royal albert hall gig. The album version of jubilee street is so feeble in comparison.

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Well I have heard that the Turks and the Greeks have been fighting over her for years!

Oops  haha bloody autocorrect!

3 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I think I need to see him live again. it's been too long. I reckon you're right, seeing PTSA live might make the difference. We'll see. I passed up the option of a ticket last time he came to Moscow, cos I was skint. If he comes back this time, I'll go.

While I liked PTSA from first listen it didn't properly click with me until I saw it live. Did you miss the Glastonbury 2013 performance then? Still one of my favourite ever and it all slotted into place for PTSA for me then and the tour that followed. Now up there for me with my favourites. 

As is skeleton tree. And that's that's a weird one as I'll never know how it was to hear those songs first without the film. The two are inextricably linked for me. But I loved it instantly especially that final three.

Both are exceptional in my eyes. Cave is is a rare example of someone who I want to hear new stuff live over the old.

Now go back and listen again! And do see them live!

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I've seen god is in the house nearly every time I've seen him

It's just me that's cursed with love letter then. 

I am really debating whether or not to see cave for all of his london gigs (assuming he does 2 or 3). I didnt hesitate on the PTSA tour, but this one I'm not sure. The skeleton tree stuff will be great but I feel like once might be enough as it will be an emotionally draining experience. And the rest of the setlists are "greatest hits" which I've seen so often. Plus tickets will be a £50+ no doubt.

That being said, I probably will end up going to them all!

1 hour ago, Homer said:

My ex who had to move back to New Zealand is watching them in Auckland right now and just sent this. Looks good.  Apparently just played Into My Arms too. (Starting to question my decision to stay in London (has been on the beach all day too!).)

f8841ed5-261d-4dfc-88cf-9437de59c8d3.jpg

Into my arms was a right song-a-long tonight, loved it (no beach for me though)

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

These photos make me cringe. Get someone to take a picture of you and the person. It just looks disrespectful to me. I might be reading too much into it. Maybe it's OK if you're stood directly next to them and they're fully in the photo with you. This just looks like some shitty little candid snap to show mates on Facebook and Twitter.

On Sat Jan 14 2017 at 10:08 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can't get over that set list still. So not what I was expecting. I'm really happy to see some raucous numbers - Eternity, Jack the Ripper and Papa especially - although I'd probably swap out Red Right Hand and Stagger Lee for newer stuff from the last two albums... delighted to see Higgs and PTSA still going strong.

The review mentions Into My Arms but it's not on the set list - did they sack it off after an abortive attempt do we think? 

I too think we'll get Torp for the London dates. Hoping for Hammersmith or Brixton.

This news has got me really excited but it's frustrating not to even have dates for the UK. I wonder why the delay.

I wish they would hurry up and announce UK dates

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

I've not compared set lists, I don't get tied up in the details as much as in my youth,  but my balls went all turkey skin over the new tracks live. Seriously stirring stuff.

Well, that's a bloody good review!

50 minutes ago, Homer said:

I thought that tweet was from some little kid who didn't know better. Turns out he's a Kiwi komedian (stand-up)!

Ah, disappointing. 

26 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I wish they would hurry up and announce UK dates

Me too. Still don't understand the delay. Hopefully they'll have got bored with some of the old staples and mixed it up a bit by then. I think I'll probably go to all London dates, or maybe mix it up and do Brighton if that's an option. Seriously considering taking my mum to one as she loves Ship Song and he's only bloody playing it...

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

in fairness to PTSA I havent listened to it in years, and cant imagine a time I ever will again. I've got live albums of Cave that have much better versions of the songs on. Eg glastonbury 2013 bootleg, the cave live at the royal albert hall gig. The album version of jubilee street is so feeble in comparison.

I'm the same, find myself watching the Live at the Fonda Theatre set that plays through the album more than the album itself. Better versions then bonus live songs, it's win win.

I'd love to see a show like that with Skeleton Tree, can't imagine there'd be as much dancing mind.