Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Wow I wish I was educated outside :lol: how do protect yourself from the elements though?

School trip kinda stuff :P

On the continent there are forest schools which are sort of like outdoor nuseries, they look amazing. And we wear rain coats...

School trip kinda stuff :P

On the continent there are forest schools which are sort of like outdoor nuseries, they look amazing. And we wear rain coats...

Sounds amazing I wish you all the best there... But now I'm flabbergasted that there is a place called Dorset in Brazil. :O

I'm properly jealous of that. How did you get into that then? (Sorry to be nosy! :) )

That's alright! Well I did a geography degree and have experience in working with children, so I think that helps. If you look at the countryside jobs/environment jobs from around November they start advertising them at various places. Where I'm working is more field studies based than some, others are purely adventure stuff so kayaking and climbing and that sort of thing. It's dead easy to get a job with PGL but they only pay you £2.70 an hour and then they take your accommodation out of that.

Sounds amazing I wish you all the best there... But now I'm flabbergasted that there is a place called Dorset in Brazil. :O

Pssst, it's not actually in Brazil. Swanage actually, lush.

That's alright! Well I did a geography degree and have experience in working with children, so I think that helps. If you look at the countryside jobs/environment jobs from around November they start advertising them at various places. Where I'm working is more field studies based than some, others are purely adventure stuff so kayaking and climbing and that sort of thing. It's dead easy to get a job with PGL but they only pay you £2.70 an hour and then they take your accommodation out of that.

Pssst, it's not actually in Brazil. Swanage actually, lush.

Ta! :) i currently work as a teaching assistant (11-19 yr olds) but am thinking of getting out! Interesting. :)

Ta! :) i currently work as a teaching assistant (11-19 yr olds) but am thinking of getting out! Interesting. :)

Ooh, you'd probably be in with a chance!

£2.70 an hour?

Yeah, they pay you an apprentice wage, it's ridiculous. Worked out I'd make some pitifully small amount of money across the whole summer, about £1400 or something.

Best gig I've ever played so far. The Venue was quality, I was really getting into it, and we didn't have enough songs to fill up a half hour set so we had to improvise the last 5 minutes of our set by coming up with random jams, which is one of the best things I've ever done on stage.

Loved every minute of it.

Best gig I've ever played so far. The Venue was quality, I was really getting into it, and we didn't have enough songs to fill up a half hour set so we had to improvise the last 5 minutes of our set by coming up with random jams, which is one of the best things I've ever done on stage.

Loved every minute of it.

Awesome stuff! Well played fella! :)

Just ordered a new 4.5m x 3m pop up gazebo for the garden to replace my old festival gazebo that finally had to be 'retired' after collapsing under the weight of snow last month.

The aim is that it will live year round in the garden but may also make occasional festival trips - depending on the fest.

4.5x3mtr%20gazebo%20three%20sides.jpg

Ordered tickets today for our gang to return to what was the Trowbridge Pump Festival, now reincarnated as the Village Pump Folk Festival.

Will be great to catch up again with old friends and this time as a punter, as opposed to working for the fest and having to keep a 'sensible' head on.

How did it go Blackhole and how did you get the gig (literally)?

Edit : Shit, its Tuesday. Save the first part till Tuesday.

Haha, meant to be recording it tomorrow I think. But yeah, basically I filled out a form on the BBC 6 website and some lady called me back saying that she wanted me on the show, easy as that!

Haha, meant to be recording it tomorrow I think. But yeah, basically I filled out a form on the BBC 6 website and some lady called me back saying that she wanted me on the show, easy as that!

On at half 5 tomorrow if anyone wants to hear my voice and a bit of my real personality ;)

• Upvote 1

<unhappy>

getting a quote for my campervan insurance at £735, more than double last year's price

</unhappy>

<phonecall></phonecall>

<happy>

getting a quote for my campervan insurance at £315, less than last year's price

<stillhappy>

:D

You seem to have it sorted Neil but as general advice I'm a member of the Caravan & Camping Club and one of the things that gives access to is cheap insurance for caravans, campers and motorhomes. Also reduced membership to AA Relay which will pick up your caravan and on transport that for you if you have a problem.

My brother in law runs a big firm of insurance brokers but the best deal they were able to get me was still almost double the C&C Club deal.

You seem to have it sorted Neil but as general advice I'm a member of the Caravan & Camping Club and one of the things that gives access to is cheap insurance for caravans, campers and motorhomes.

it's them who I'm with, and it's them who have tried to stitch me up with a renewal at over double what I paid last year. ;)

To give them their due they came back with a decent price after i'd phoned them (less than I paid last year), but they're very obviously trying to stitch people up who renew without challenging them on the price.