All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. stuie

Volunteering 2024

Well, I think it’s clever! And fair. How much do you want to go to Glastonbury? It’s actually better than it sounds… By doing Shindig you’re essentially securing your Glasto place for THIS YEAR AND NEXT YEAR because you’ll have priority for next year too! Alternatively choose any two other festivals this year and get priority for Glasto next year.
  3. One for Paul TM - last year's crew bar evaporated after Wed and the space was used as a standard catering marquee plus a newer area of green rooms for performers. Same again this year you reckon? Gail's likely I guess but it's just a fridge of cans these days tbh.
  4. I am a fan. A big one. But I am under no illusions about her either. I think the first 3 records are solid AF, better than most of the output of the era. But every time she's attempted to "come back" it's not gone as well as I think she's hoped. I think she's gotten in her own way a lot, and lord knows she really can't sing like she used to. I think she knows this, and so rather than try to promise new and ground-breaking output, she's trying to curate her own legacy, and write herself in the rock history books as the center of it all. She's got great stories and who wouldn't want to listen to them? It would absolutely make my glasto weekend if she showed up somewhere
  5. There will be lots going on. Just chill and explore your new home
  6. Reminder to self, Spend more time at West Holts Spend more time at West Holts Spend more time at West Holts
  7. I had no idea. And I've driven there and back too! My capacity to remember 'things' is diminishing. Thanks for the clarification. It's a beautiful site for a festival. I gauge that because we had our own mini festival there - complete with silent disco in the wee hours. Someone i know had hired the kit with loads of headphones so that people could dance and not have music blaring out across the landscape. Then some of us decided to go around the clock, and not sleep. So, we had a fire. And then at about 7am or 8am a proper hunt came over the hill right in front of us. It was a proper hunt too. I didn't see any objectors (apart from those around me that was).
  8. Yes that's surely exactly it, I read it as everyone signed to to shindig gets a glasto opportunity.
  9. Yup, they’re not a mainstream band and won’t bring a mainstream crowd Not much else for people to see yet mind… Without a 5th stage, yet alone 6th, things currently are looking as bare as the last 3 years
  10. Doesn’t strike me as the best plan surely the best festival to get people interested in volunteering generally is Glastonbury . ? Just strikes me as they are struggling to fill that gap this year and this is a short term solution . But they make the plans not me 😂guess they’ll use this to plug gaps going forward ? And what about those signed up already do they get priority which won’t help shindig ?
  11. West Holts could be mobbed all day after PJ Harvey, Michael Kiwanuka and Keane fail to attract ginormocrowds.
  12. Shindig clearly not selling out, but being bank holiday and they're clearly desperate would probably only take 2 days annual leave/sick days as you could probably arrive really late Wednesday.
  13. 1986

West Holts 2024

Effing stacked. That Friday in particular. Never park at one stage for the day but if it was ever gonna happen it’ll be this year.
  14. Not strictly Tramliens related, but just seen Sea Girls new tour has them playing Octagon in September. Can we assume at this point O2 Academy is never re opening and the venue is permanently closed? Can't believe we've had zero updates since its "temporary" closure last September. At this point, I'm just assuming the whole place was built out of crumbling concrete.
  15. Yeah, how does it work (haven't read that link btw)? IDF will move people there? Or just ask people to move? They really expect Hamas top brass to remain, even if they're there? Not sure about home affairs, but Biden has been really quite sh*t and weak with international affairs. Would Trump be any worse? not that sure at this point.
  16. Just imagine what you would have had to do if you wanted to borrow his chair😉
  17. The email to oxfam staff has just said the cancellation deadline is 4th may.....
  18. That’s an extremely decent WH line up, plus the best food outlets on site it’s a great place to be!
  19. Hmm. Struggling to sell spots for Shindig perhaps? 🤷🏼‍♂️
  20. Yeah they seemed to be saying don't do it. Tim Marshall seems a reliable journalist so we'll see. Not sure what happens if people don't move out to the tent city.
  21. Justice on the Sunday, that will do nicely.
  22. rebus

Volunteering 2024

That is a massive curveball
  23. The orange flavour is bloody delicious
  24. I picked up another two today after saying I wouldn’t, my excuse is I hadn’t tried the orange flavour yet 🫣 Also no win
  25. That’s a little bit sh*t
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates