Tree Stage (Woodsies)

I was just reading about it on the official website and it looks amazing! By the looks of it, it will be active on Weds/Thurs in the day, but after that it will be exclusively late night, providing a really cool alternative.

I was wondering if anyone had some "must-sees" on that stage, or just anyone on that stage you could recommend.

Also, what does it mean by "playback"? Is that just literally someone playing the record of an album in it's entirety?

Thanks 🙏🏼

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I'd almost forgotten about this after all the other posters which followed. Nothing familiar to me on tree stage. Would also be interested in some recommendations 

Sam Lee if you like traditional English folk. He played Croissant Neuf a few years back. Tree suits him as he sings with a willow branch in his hat! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sam Lee if you like traditional English folk. He played Croissant Neuf a few years back. Tree suits him as he sings with a willow branch in his hat! 

😅 why does the willow in his hat automatically make me think he's a quirky middle class type? lol

doesnt mean he isnt good tho

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

I was just reading about it on the official website and it looks amazing! By the looks of it, it will be active on Weds/Thurs in the day, but after that it will be exclusively late night, providing a really cool alternative.

I was wondering if anyone had some "must-sees" on that stage, or just anyone on that stage you could recommend.

Also, what does it mean by "playback"? Is that just literally someone playing the record of an album in it's entirety?

Thanks 🙏🏼

spacer.png

It depends what you're into! Joseph Kamaru, aka KMRU, is the current wunderkind of the ambient drone scene. He creates huge electronic drone soundscapes incorporating lots of field recordings and is, frankly, astonishing. I saw him play live at the Barbican in February having followed his meteoric rise within the genre over the last few years. So, if that might be your bag, I couldn't recommend him more highly.

Ana Roxanne is another very interesting artist, who would be exciting to see live. For me, if those artists are after midnight, sadly I can't see myself seeing them, as I'll be elsewhere dancing. But, in the unlikely event that there's nothing happening for me on the dance front, I'd be at those two sets for sure.

Ben 

• Thanks 2

Max Cooper will be really beautiful I think - almost all his show visuals are fan collabs that people have worked on after connecting through Discord so will be cool to see what he's done with this. Artist who really cares about the visual component of his shows. 

First release from Jon Hopkins' new album has gone down very well and he composes with psychedelic listening in mind... If you're into that sort of thing... Could be a very interesting evening

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

I can recommend The Egg.  Great electro band.

Are they the ones who have alien heads on? Or am I thinking of someone else?

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think it's a bold move. Definitely applaud the ambition, but I do think the audience for digging a live performance of Rainbow Dome Musick in a fairly remote / isolated part of the site won't be colossal.  It's giving Carmageddon.

Really hoping I can make that. Steve Hillage Band got a fair sized crowd at The Glade last year.

2 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

if I had to go to one thing there itd be hillage. i think its fairly unlikely that i will tho

Just out of curiosity, what do you think you will be doing instead?

Pretty sure this is the stage where I started my Glastonbury last year.

Billy Bragg on the Wednesday. 

6 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Just out of curiosity, what do you think you will be doing instead?

Pretty sure this is the stage where I started my Glastonbury last year.

Billy Bragg on the Wednesday. 

well if its after the headliners finish between 11-3am there are several places im more likely to be. it wont exactly be party central around there will it?

Sam Lee is a really interesting character, not only in music as a Mercury award nominated musician (Bernard Butler of Suede produced his album and is in his band), but also a wilderness survivalist, a curator of old Romany Gypsy and Irish traveller music, conservationist, involved in the RSPB and Extinction Rebellion, also BBC radio, etc…

His music is reflective, spiritual and his current album is superb, worth a try to discover someone quite different and distinctive at Glastonbury, and obviously well suited to the Tree Stage. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wab said:

Henge, playing Glade I think

I don't think so. It wasn't Glastonbury where I saw them. I think they're known for spacey Alieny themes, and it was a DJ setup.