PJ Harvey

Fearless_Fish

11 minutes ago, toohottoocold said:

Wonder if Thom Yorke will get wheeled out for a few...

I'd be doubtful, she's not exactly a spectacle kind of performer and she hardly ever plays anything from Stories From The City 😞

(In fact she's only played We Float, my favourite track, once according to Setlist.fm)

8 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

I'd be doubtful, she's not exactly a spectacle kind of performer and she hardly ever plays anything from Stories From The City 😞

(In fact she's only played We Float, my favourite track, once according to Setlist.fm)

That's a travesty.  Think it's my favourite album of hers and We Float is a storming track. 😞 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I know that the last tour has been like that + I'm sure that you are right there will be more songs from the new album than back catalogue but I think her festival setlist will be a bit more mixed than 90% new album.  

I don't think it'll be a greatest hits set but more like 50/50 split.  As mentioned upthread, she has been playing 2 set's, one of the new album and then one of back catalogue so the band have rehearsed and being playing old songs live.

PJ Harvey is not a 'greatest hits' artist. Her last tours also revolved around the most recent album, which she played almost in full. Last time she played The Hope Six Demolition Project almost entirely, plus 3 Let England Shake songs, plus 2 older ones. 

It's safe to say her set will be mostly about performing Inside The Old I Dying (with is a great album by the way). And that one sounds lovely live: 

56 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

It's an odd choice for the Pyramid. 

They do this sometimes and you just wish it was somewhere more suited. 

Just given the new album a spin whilst on a run.  I like it, but it's music for a Scandi-Noir serial killer box set, not a Pyramid performance.  Would go over much, much better in a pitch dark tent at midnight.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Joey Peeps said:

I like her but struggling to find the oomph to see her on the Pyramid tbh. Park I'd be all over it. 

She'd almost certainly be the single only act I'd see on Pyramid, so I expect to be there! 

Ben

6 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Assumed you'd be all in for LCD.

Embarrassingly, just one of those artists I've never really taken the time to get into, so they kind of passed me by. There are a few artists/bands in that inexplicable list for me 🫣. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

12 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Embarrassingly, just one of those artists I've never really taken the time to get into, so they kind of passed me by. There are a few artists/bands in that inexplicable list for me 🫣. 

Ben

Delve in, there's still time!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

All this talk is making me want to see her, as a challenging alternative. Chance of a guest too? Nick Cave?

Didn't they have quite an acrimonious break-up?  I'd suspect they wouldn't be on great terms if so.

On 5/15/2024 at 12:52 PM, matrainertje said:

Just watched this, and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the link. I saw her many years ago, when I was a kid and just starting to go to concerts and she was playing with the Family Cat, and have followed her since without seeing her play live. She's definitely on my list this year, but I'm just not sure how this kind of performance would translate to a Pyramid-sized crowd in daytime.

• Upvote 1

They're in rehearsals right now for summer tour shows - i suspect they will be mixing it up a bit from the last leg of the tour, which was theatres (and yes, definitely a set more suited for a dark tent)

If I had to guess I would expect a dozen or so songs on the livelier end of things.

No chance of a Nick Cave drop in, you can be sure of that.   

She's one of my favorite artists of all time, and I trust her completely to deliver a set worthy of the pyramid.  She knows what she's doing. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pleased as punch. 

She hasnt played Black Hearted Love since 09. 

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think he work has only gotten better over the years.  I'm really looking forward to hearing these new songs