Performer access

bigusrobus

24 minutes ago, bigusrobus said:

Can you get onto site early if you have an artists pass? If so which gate/car park?

Depends on whoever's booked you.  There are different artist arrival and accreditation areas around the perimeter, but the bulk of artists arriving by car will enter via Orange gate and you'll get directed along Orange Route down to the performers' car park at the South end of Orange car parking.  You then have to go and collect your wrist bands from an artist arrivals portacabin.  (E.g. there's a one just North of Gate D.)  You'll be met by a bunch of people from 'accreditation' who'll have a wallet full of tickets/wristbands for the people they're expecting to arrive that day.  So you need to get in touch with whichever area's booked you, e.g. Silver Hayes, and find out when they're expecting you, and maybe try to sweet-talk them into letting you arrive early.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tarw said:

Probably best if you ask the person that issued the pass

that's the perfect answer.

• Like 1

Yeah if I recall correctly standard crew/artists can arrive from the Monday, and if you wanted to arrive before that you can be added to an early access list (something like that), but yeah you'd be advised of the gate by the area that booked you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Isn’t the wicket gate next to gate A for artists?

Artists, guests and some performers. Worked it with Oxfam last year. Great fun checking the names on the tickets and who they were guests of 

Edited by savethatjek
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, savethatjek said:

Artists, guests and some performers. Worked it with Oxfam last year. Great fun checking the names on the tickets and who they were guests of 

You could be checking me this year if you’re working it again😉

• Upvote 1

keeping in mind that until 0800 on wednesday the site is deemed to be a working building site and you will need to have done the glastonbury H&S induction and be wearing hi viz when out on the site

1 hour ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

When I previously did bar work and arrived on the Tuesday I was happily walking around most places without a hi viz or a H&S induction.

It's fair to say that the rules on this are unenforceable and so widely ignored.

It's still technically the rules, though.

1 hour ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

When I previously did bar work and arrived on the Tuesday I was happily walking around most places without a hi viz or a H&S induction.

Yep, same for me in 2019.

3 hours ago, incident said:

It's fair to say that the rules on this are unenforceable and so widely ignored.

Agreed absolutely re high viz seems to be a rule much ignored (once or twice been asked to put it on when the telehandlers are zooming about) but the H&S wrist band has been checked every time I drive through the gate onsite for the last 4 or 5 festivals 

3 hours ago, incident said:

not one for breaking the rules, I’ll generally go with the flow… but I do know you’ll find many thousands of people on site without hi viz on Monday and Tuesday pre gates and I’ve not heard of anyone being challenged. Pretty sure my FMS mates don’t even have hi-vis to wear! 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

not one for breaking the rules, I’ll generally go with the flow… but I do know you’ll find many thousands of people on site without hi viz on Monday and Tuesday pre gates and I’ve not heard of anyone being challenged. Pretty sure my FMS mates don’t even have hi-vis to wear! 

I was challenged one year. Security at the vehicle crossing between Woodsies and other wouldn’t let anyone cross without hi-vis. I just walked down to the crossing to SH and crossed there. I usually tuck one in my waistband now to save the hassle 

41 minutes ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

It’s a case of being sensible. There is a still a lot of heavy machinery and construction in places on Monday-Tuesday. If you around those parts, it makes sense to wear it for your own safety.

that’s probably the answer… there’s not much heavy machinery in Maceo’s or Tow and Hitch so we’ve not been challenged 😂

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

that’s probably the answer… there’s not much heavy machinery in Maceo’s or Tow and Hitch so we’ve not been challenged 😂

Same. I haven't been challenged when absolutely muntered In Broken Britain at 3am on Tuesday 

6 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Same. I haven't been challenged when absolutely muntered In Broken Britain at 3am on Tuesday 

Sounds dangerous that… you should probably have extra PPE at that point!