Sleeping on a slope ain't doing it for me

IFinallyGotATicket

3 minutes ago, glast0gal said:

Oxlyers is flat as a pancake but you’ll be woken up by the Other Stage sound testing every morning. Which gate are you coming in from? Try Bushy or Dairy if you’re Gate A or D?

I can come from any, IV stayed kidney mead and big ground but fancy somewhere closer to the park, what's Paine's ground like?

3 minutes ago, IFinallyGotATicket said:

I can come from any, IV stayed kidney mead and big ground but fancy somewhere closer to the park, what's Paine's ground like?

I've not personally camped at Paines but have been just over the hedge in Dairy 3 times and I remember it being pretty flat/even from walking past it multiple times a day

14 minutes ago, woyski said:

I've not personally camped at Paines but have been just over the hedge in Dairy 3 times and I remember it being pretty flat/even from walking past it multiple times a day

Yeah Dairy and Paines are both flat, have camped in both. 

Pretty noisy until Arcadia has finished here, so not somewhere to go if you want to be tucked up in bed before 2am. 

1 hour ago, glast0gal said:

Oxlyers is flat as a pancake but you’ll be woken up by the Other Stage sound testing every morning. Which gate are you coming in from? Try Bushy or Dairy if you’re Gate A or D?

I love a sound test waking me up in the morning. It's like a summons to get out of bed and start exploring.

26 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I love a sound test waking me up in the morning. It's like a summons to get out of bed and start exploring.

Yeah I don’t mind it but I’m a very deep sleeper (managed to get to sleep in Park Home Ground with the Arcadia spider firing off in the background and sleep through the night) and normally wake quite early at festivals, so doesn’t bother me as much as it would a light sleeper. Agree that it’s like a reminder that things are starting to get going 😁

3 hours ago, IFinallyGotATicket said:

Where's the flattest place to camp for a good night's kip 

You could take a spade and level out a little tent sized step for yourself. The excess dirt could make a nice little outer mound for extra protection too 😁

3 hours ago, glast0gal said:

You'll still get woken by the Other Stage in Dairy. 

I'm still bitter about getting woken by the Sleaford Mods in 2017, 3 hours after a night shift!

Edited by deepkittycaz
clarity

5 hours ago, IFinallyGotATicket said:

I camped in Paines for the first time last year and loved it. Nice and flat, close to the park and Arcadia (if that’s your thing) and also pretty direct routes back from SEC and SH. Planning on returning this year so would recommend 

I camp at Oxylers mostly and if flat is the plan you can't go wrong. The only issue is by late Friday it is a terrible interchange walkway if you like for getting anywhere.

My personal plan this year is to head up to the Pyramid. The good thing at oxylers as well I'd the range of food around as well, whereas Pyramid is a little more limited, expensive and niche.

6 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

6 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

From 10am, so fine if you've been to bed at about 2, awful if you've finally stumbled back at 6:30am

I'm normally up and on before 8am so not a problem for me, can totally understand if u are partying all night though.

17 hours ago, glast0gal said:

What time do they normally start sound check 

29 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Does Oxlyers tend to flood in muddy years? 

I’ve been going since 2014 and have always camped at Oxlyers. My only experience of a really muddy year was 2016. It wasn't really any worse than the rest of the site.

I think in the past it has flooded when it’s rained endlessly though, yeah.

Edited by DareToDibble

As the site is a valley, the flattest bits are in the bottom of it near the river - so Pylon/Bushy/Oxlyers and the bottom of Dairy Ground are probably your best bet.  Although Pylon was crew camping last year so probably will be again.  Think Hawkwell near the Woods is fairly flat too.

Tort's guide might help if you haven't seen it.  Part 3 (glastoearth.com)

5 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Does Oxlyers tend to flood in muddy years? 

It did in 2005, we had a river coming through our tent, however drainage has been very much improved since then!