Clashfinder 2024

Pateen

22 hours ago, Mike A said:

Trying to keep up, but yeah.
I recognize that I'm more than a bit obsessive.

But, I can also carry over repeat acts from last year.

Love the obsession, clashfinder is my favourite website ever

Personally I go for a traffic light system (red gets used for bands I dislike but friends want to see), green is most likely I will catch, and then go for 2-3 purples over the weekend that are ‘must see’ acts

This is the best system and I will hear no arguments, but I love the devotion to highlighting every single act!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gblock said:

Personally I go for a traffic light system (red gets used for bands I dislike but friends want to see), green is most likely I will catch, and then go for 2-3 purples over the weekend that are ‘must see’ acts

This is the best system and I will hear no arguments, but I love the devotion to highlighting every single act!

image.thumb.png.288856bd1fd880acaf999611034c9b7d.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gblock said:

😅 Wow. I just have 'definite' and 'maybe'

I know the times are all just guess work at the moment, but as it stands I have a Friday run of….

Sofia Kourtesis

Barry Can’t Swim

Sugababes

LCD Soundsytem

Jamie XX or Faithless 

Add some post headliner fun into that and it’s a top top day. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

I know the times are all just guess work at the moment, but as it stands I have a Friday run of….

Sofia Kourtesis

Barry Can’t Swim

Sugababes

LCD Soundsytem

Jamie XX or Faithless 

Add some post headliner fun into that and it’s a top top day. 

I've forgotten about all the acts that were on the first main poster 🤣

45 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Al these clashfinders putting Ayra starr down as playing Saturday are wrong - she's playing Garorock festival in France on Saturday.

11 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

I think something needs re-jigged on the Sun Acoustic & Avalon stages too as noticed that at the moment Michele Stodart And Magic Numbers are playing 10 mins apart but she can’t be in two places at once 🤔 

A reminder for all - Clashfinders are all guesswork and should have little or no notice made of them til the full lineup is out (perhaps Tuesday after end of May BH).

The Core one will then be updated by Halvin and it will be correct. As at now none of them are correct.

Been using Halvin’s clashfinder since my first Glastonbury in 2004.

blue: must see (thus far none this year)

green: will see unless clash with blue or another green

orange: like to see, will make an effort to, but if logistics and the above two make it impossible. So be it.

red: artist I know/like and can fill any blanks in my schedule

unshaded: little/no interest, probably unknown to me. These are my research artists if I still have gaps in my schedule

If Halvin’s current effort is correct. The Orbital/Streets/OCS clash is three greens clashing and here we have a problem. So far only 4 greens all weekend.

22 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Al these clashfinders putting Ayra starr down as playing Saturday are wrong - she's playing Garorock festival in France on Saturday.

21 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

I don't think she is as she's not on the festival lineup despite it being on her dates 

https://www.garorock.com/en/line-up

I had a look through their instagram at some point after the Glastonbury announcement and noticed she dropped off the Garorock poster around the same time. Garorock don’t seem to have mentioned it at all so reckon she’s patched them to play Glastonbury instead. 

I thought I was an overplanner, but you guys are next level!

I used to be more obsessive on this, but these days just highlight the "must sees" and leave the rest to chance, often just going with the flow of the group.  Every year when I was an obsessive planner, I never stuck to it anyway.  Especially late Sat and into Sun when I'm knacked and my feet are broken.

7 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I thought I was an overplanner, but you guys are next level!

I used to be more obsessive on this, but these days just highlight the "must sees" and leave the rest to chance, often just going with the flow of the group.  Every year when I was an obsessive planner, I never stuck to it anyway.  Especially late Sat and into Sun when I'm knacked and my feet are broken.

Oh, I definitely don't stick to it. That would spoil all the fun.

But, I do use it as a direction to start out in or to guide me to which area might have a string of acts I'll enjoy.

And it definitely helps me find new artists that I like (or want to avoid).