Avalon 2024

Crazyfool01

Happy with that. Frank Turner, Reckon the Bar Stewards will take the Hobo slot, Lulu, Lucy Spraggan, Kate Nash, Haircut 100.  Can’t see Robert Fripp playing any king crimson prog unfortunately😊, Toyah will make sure of that.
no Beans on Toast so he must be elsewhere., 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Happy with that. Frank Turner, Reckon the Bar Stewards will take the Hobo slot, Lulu, Lucy Spraggan, Kate Nash, Haircut 100.  Can’t see Robert Fripp playing any king crimson prog unfortunately😊, Toyah will make sure of that.
no Beans on Toast so he must be elsewhere., 

Same.  I think it's pretty varied and strong TBF.  BC Camplight, Frank T, Bar Stewards, Haircut 100, Magic Numbers, Go! Team & Skindred for me.  7 acts I want to see on 1 stage is a decent haul.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes! Happy with the line up. Baby Queen seems an odd choice for the Avalon! 

Yeah I've got a few there. Do we know the headliners? I'd take Lulu Sunday night

9 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

That isn't a patch on last years line up.

I don't think there is much difference really. 

Edited by northernangel

5 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Same.  I think it's pretty varied and strong TBF.  BC Camplight, Frank T, Bar Stewards, Haircut 100, Magic Numbers, Go! Team & Skindred for me.  7 acts I want to see on 1 stage is a decent haul.

Yes, it’s all now down to clashes, as usual! 

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Who we thinking the headliners are? Kate Nash/New Model Army/Lulu?

Skindred must be one of them.

1 minute ago, wro_lap said:

Yep I think given Frank Turner is playing solo he'll sub or play slightly earlier. Skindred headlining is a shout

Is that stated somewhere, or an assumption?

He doesn't mention either way on his social media.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, incident said:

I think whenever the band are playing they're mentioned. I'd guess he's playing a main stage set with the band in addition to this (and an inevitable Strummerville performance!)

2 minutes ago, incident said:

If it's full band it's almost always billed as Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls.

Another solid line up.  Lots that I wouldn't mind seeing but I don't think there's anything unmissable, which is just the way I like it - I'm happy to see The Feeling, Frank Turner, Haircut 100, Lucy Spraggan, Lulu, Shaznay Lewis, Cat Empire,  and also Barstewards, BC Camplight, Cut Capers, New Model Army but most of those later ones are at Bearded so will probably see them there.  So actually, I know that if I'm stuck for anything else, I can just wander over to Avalon and will probably catch something I like!

If you haven't see Old Time Sailors, do try to - they are so much fun!