UK Politics

kalifire

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

but also...this has nothing to do with capital gains, but about electoral register...but linked as comes down to which residence was her primary residence.

Thats right but they are all getting mixed up now and its bringing bad publicity. The police investigation is the first item on the midday BBC1 news.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I doubt that at all. If she’s found to have done wrong then she’ll either step down or Starmer take action and he’ll look strong.

I wonder if Wragg was a female, working class, non-Tory if the media would that story be getting as much focus as Rayner is?

I'm sure there will be a lot questioning Starmer's full support of Rayner...and I also think Rayner going would be a big loss for Labour. 

I think she'll be ok. They must have known this could happen and be prepared. Surely?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I'm sure there will be a lot questioning Starmer's full support of Rayner...and I also think Rayner going would be a big loss for Labour. 

I think she'll be ok. They must have known this could happen and be prepared. Surely?

She would be a big loss but I would imagine that Labour have been through everything and are happy she’s done nothing wrong. It’s a political witch hunt by the Tories and their media supporters. 

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

She would be a big loss but I would imagine that Labour have been through everything and are happy she’s done nothing wrong. It’s a political witch hunt by the Tories and their media supporters. 

it is, but a very effective witch hunt. Any Labour shadow minister talking to media about policies or whatever get asked repeatedly about Rayner.

Edited by steviewevie

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I doubt that at all. If she’s found to have done wrong then she’ll either step down or Starmer take action and he’ll look strong.

I wonder if Wragg was a female, working class, non-Tory if the media would that story be getting as much focus as Rayner is?

The worst thing about this story is how people who rightly call out every Tory scandal are saying Labour shouldn't be scrutinised.

• Upvote 1

Just now, steviewevie said:

it is, but a very effective witch hunt. Any tory minister talking to media about policies or whatever get asked repeatedly about Rayner.

Oh yeah it has been effective, that’s client media for ya.

Funny how there’s nothing on an MP being blackmailed into giving other MPs phone numbers out though. 

1 minute ago, lazyred said:

The worst thing about this story is how people who rightly call out every Tory scandal are saying Labour shouldn't be scrutinised.

Thats probably not the worst thing about this and I don’t think has happened much at all anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Funny how there’s nothing on an MP being blackmailed into giving other MPs phone numbers out though. 

Yep no press coverage at all for Wragg.

image.jpeg.e31f0c74900cc28d208e6cbbfb96c671.jpeg

33 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Will the police find Rayner guilty?

BET NOW!

need to get sturgeon in court first, much bigger list of frauds there.

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I actually meant Labour minister, not Tory in that original post.

With Wragg, he's quit hasn't he? I actually feel a bit sorry for him, just a sh*tty way to end a career in politics. It would be a sh*tty way for Rayner's career to end too, but them's the breaks as some tit once said.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I actually meant Labour minister, not Tory in that original post.

With Wragg, he's quit hasn't he? I actually feel a bit sorry for him, just a sh*tty way to end a career in politics. It would be a sh*tty way for Rayner's career to end too, but them's the breaks as some tit once said.

You shouldn't feel any sympathy whatsoever for him:-
1.  When threatened he should have contacted security, he didn't and therefore did not follow the security process and made the issue far worse.
2. He permitted a photo revealing further security information - https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/william-wragg-accidentally-lets-office-wifi-password-slip-during-photoshoot-372239/

Many of us would be marched off site in our employers for doing this, yet he's still getting well paid, has been supported by many colleagues in interviews and even if he leaves will get very handsome parachute payments.

Edited by clarkete
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

With Wragg, he's quit hasn't he

first off he quit his 1922 committee role, then said he'd be standing down as an MP.

6 minutes ago, clarkete said:

You shouldn't feel any sympathy whatsoever for him:-
1.  When threatened he should have contacted security, he didn't and therefore did not follow the security process and made the issue far worse.
2. He permitted a photo revealing further security information - https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/william-wragg-accidentally-lets-office-wifi-password-slip-during-photoshoot-372239/

Many of us would be marched off site in our employers for doing this, yet he's still getting well paid, has been supported by many colleagues in interviews and even if he leaves will get very handsome parachute payments.

Oh ok,hang the c**t then.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

How do you know about it then? What a load of nonsense. Proper tin foil hat stuff which has so easily been proven wrong.

I wonder if you'll now retract this statement now you've been proven wrong?

just want to say that British heart foundation is £450 richer today, after i went on a furniture buying spree for my new flat in their bristol shop.

i feel good for reusing stuff and BHF benefitting  rather than buying new tat from amazon (my original plan). just about all sorted now for my big move next week.

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

How do you know about it then? What a load of nonsense. Proper tin foil hat stuff which has so easily been proven wrong.

I wonder if you'll now retract this statement now you've been proven wrong?

have you ever asked the SNP to retract their many  lies, or have you just kept on ticking the box?

Edited by Neil

42 minutes ago, Neil said:

just want to say that British heart foundation is £450 richer today, after i went on a furniture buying spree for my new flat in their bristol shop.

i feel good for reusing stuff and BHF benefitting  rather than buying new tat from amazon (my original plan). just about all sorted now for my big move next week.

Hope it all goes well Neil

44 minutes ago, Neil said:

have you ever asked the SNP to retract their many  lies, or have you just kept on ticking the box?

first of all, totally irrelevant 

second of all, I strongly dislike the SNP and don't vote for them lol 

Other than that- great, articulate comment as per well done ! 👍

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

first of all, totally irrelevant 

second of all, I strongly dislike the SNP and don't vote for them lol 

Other than that- great, articulate comment as per well done ! 👍

Completely relevant to find out if you're consistent and hold others to account in the same way you've gone for ozanne.

Or if it's just how you troll.

1 hour ago, Ommadawn said:

Hope it all goes well Neil

Thanks.theres loads to get sorted and a lot I can't do myself one handed.