UK Politics

kalifire

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Isn't the problem the lack of evidence about what doing this stuff does in long run?

Yes and in the past research trying to establish what happens has been shut down by trans activists.

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

Looks like an anti-trans stich up to me.

it just needs to be more successful than the trans activist stitch-up there's been recently. its identified some areas for improvements, and some decent research will be a big step forwards.

14 hours ago, Kurosagi said:

The rise of gender identification amongst the younger generation is notable, especially compared to older generations. In the US, LGBT(etc.) identification is around 20% of Gen Z (rising from 15% in 2020) compared to 3% of Gen X (stable and unchanged over the last 10 years).

https://www.statista.com/statistics/719685/american-adults-who-identify-as-homosexual-bisexual-transgender-by-generation/

getting downvoted for stating facts? I have upvoted your posts to balance it out.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kurosagi said:

The rise of gender identification amongst the younger generation is notable, especially compared to older generations. In the US, LGBT(etc.) identification is around 20% of Gen Z (rising from 15% in 2020) compared to 3% of Gen X (stable and unchanged over the last 10 years).

https://www.statista.com/statistics/719685/american-adults-who-identify-as-homosexual-bisexual-transgender-by-generation/

One of my friends organises the local gay pride and I've helped out on and off for about 20 odd years.

Purely anecdotal but its that groups of kids who would of been say the Emo's in the 2000's or goths in the 1990's that seem to now be turning up as well. Your socially awkward / autistic males. The type who would of struggled to get laid even in the 90's but now in the age of dating apps are probably not getting any attention as girls have alot more choice.

I do worry about these young people whos sexual development is happening in the virtual word not the real world they appear to have alot more erm kinks and fetishes than my generation. I wouldn't be suprised if its linked to the rise in mental health issues too.

Edited by lost

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Don't believe young people care enough about either issue to risk a Tory govt. dont think they're much bothered by tories.

51 minutes ago, Neil said:

Don't believe young people care enough about either issue to risk a Tory govt. dont think they're much bothered by tories.

So...young people aren't bothered about Gaza or climate change or the Tories? Too busy doing perverted things on tik tok maybe.

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So...young people aren't bothered about Gaza or climate change or the Tories? Too busy doing perverted things on tik tok maybe.

Too busy checking their credit score.

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

if they care enough about those things to change how they vote, you'd think they'd also care enough to make a noise about those issues. before we get to labour failing on those things there's firstly the tories failing on those and much more.

5 hours ago, Neil said:

if they care enough about those things to change how they vote, you'd think they'd also care enough to make a noise about those issues. before we get to labour failing on those things there's firstly the tories failing on those and much more.

you haven't heard them making noises about Gaza or climate change?

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Important use of police time.

Its all self inflicted. The Electoral fraud and Council Tax fraud investigations started when she said she lived with her brother . She has now switched to saying the cost of home improvements offset the capital gains. If she took tax advice as she claims then she could have said this weeks ago without saying where she lived.

34 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Its all self inflicted. The Electoral fraud and Council Tax fraud investigations started when she said she lived with her brother . She has now switched to saying the cost of home improvements offset the capital gains. If she took tax advice as she claims then she could have said this weeks ago without saying where she lived.

have to hope police find nothing wrong, otherwise this could very much be a problem for Rayner/Starmer/Labour.

45 minutes ago, lazyred said:

but also...this has nothing to do with capital gains, but about electoral register...but linked as comes down to which residence was her primary residence.

26 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

have to hope police find nothing wrong, otherwise this could very much be a problem for Rayner/Starmer/Labour.

I doubt that at all. If she’s found to have done wrong then she’ll either step down or Starmer take action and he’ll look strong.

I wonder if Wragg was a female, working class, non-Tory if the media would that story be getting as much focus as Rayner is?