• Iain Donaldson (Liberal Democrats) - 2,164
  • Paul Simon Ellison (Conservative) - 3,731
  • George Galloway (Workers Party of Britain) - 12,335
  • Michael Howarth (Independent) - 246
  • William Leckie Howarth (Independent) - 523
  • Guy Nicholas Otten (Green) - 436
  • Ravin Rodent Subortna (Monster Raving Loony Party) - 209
  • David Anthony Tully (Independent) - 6,638

Doubt if Labour would have won even if they had campaigned.

8 hours ago, Neil said:

galloway is the solution to nothing at all.

The not workers party of george Galloway - will rochdale wake up tomorrow and feel embaressed?

That's a big win for Galloway, and a problem for Labour. It is a protest vote, and not sure how much it will carry into next election...but it is there and can't just be written off. The big caveat is Labour didn't stand a candidate...but even so.  

Also, in my heart I really didn't want Galloway to win, I was just angry with the news in Gaza, and that's what happens, people get angry and vote for people like Galloway. I think Starmer f**ked it up with the whole Gaza thing, yes he was unlucky that all kicked off during Labour conference...but that lbc interview and then ruling out calling for a ceasefire were in hindsight mistakes that I am sure they regret...he now is tarnished with all that before even getting into office.

Galloway won’t retain the seat at the general election. He’s a vile human being and stands virtually no chance of retaining the seat.

If Labour had done their due diligence and stood a candidate then they’d have taken the seat easily. This isn’t a crises for Labour at all. 

Edited by Ozanne

30 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Galloway won’t retain the seat at the general election. He’s a vile human being and stands virtually no chance of retaining the seat.

If Labour had done their due diligence and stood a candidate then they’d have taken the seat easily. This isn’t a crises for Labour at all. 

I wouldn't be so sure. He won by 6000 votes. Ali came 4th. I think people are underestimating the anger towards Starmer and Labour over this Gaza thing amongst the muslim population.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

44 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I wouldn't be so sure. He won by 6000 votes. Ali came 4th. I think people are underestimating the anger towards Starmer and Labour over this Gaza thing amongst the muslim population.

Labour voted dropped by almost 50%.

As soon as the put in a proper candidate in the GE they will win by a lot.

Galloway will make one ranting speech in parliament and that will be the ned of him again.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe one day Labour vs Conservatives will be replaced with Reform vs Workers Party. Wouldn't that be awesome?

there are no workers for that workers party there is only  George

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Reform did pretty sh*t, I guess Galloway appealed to some of their potential voters.

and the labour geezer, prolly.

2 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

If Galloway lives up to his boast of fielding GE candidates wouldn't that mean Reform splitting the tory vote and Workers Party splitting the labour vote?

there's no way galloway could work up a national party!

7 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

If Galloway lives up to his boast of fielding GE candidates wouldn't that mean Reform splitting the tory vote and Workers Party splitting the labour vote?

Can't see him expanding beyond the mill towns of Lancashire and Yorkshire.