UK Politics

kalifire

12 hours ago, stuie said:

We don’t see him lose and he get loads of money so basically he wins. 

Whilst I agree from the wider perspective, I think this is still defeat for him. An almost inevitable part of being a main party politician 

10 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Out of interest is there any financial advantage of standing and losing, as opposed to giving up now?

think its the same  redundancy terms either way.

I dont know why the tax reason is always used? You pay tax at any age, the only difference is its very difficult to pass the personal allowance whilst in full time education. 12 year old Daniel Radcliffe would of paid tax.

28 minutes ago, lost said:

I dont know why the tax reason is always used? You pay tax at any age, the only difference is its very difficult to pass the personal allowance whilst in full time education. 12 year old Daniel Radcliffe would of paid tax.

Maybe lower it to 12 then?

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Rishi Sunak has pledged mandatory National Service for every 18 year old if he wins the election.

😶

its something the tories drag out when they don't have any other ideas.

7 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Rishi Sunak has pledged mandatory National Service for every 18 year old if he wins the election.

😶

Tories announce they're bringing back slavery to cure societies ills 

2 hours ago, Neil said:

its something the tories drag out when they don't have any other ideas.

yeah, they have to go radical...wouldn't be surprised if there's something big on getting rid of NI or leaving ECHR if polls don't narrow, try and make Labour look like the boring no change party.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

we're going to need more prisons.

we already do, currently they're full, and prisoners are being released cos of that. and  judges have been told not to issue prison sentences with new convictions.