UK Politics

kalifire

46 minutes ago, stuie said:

this reminds me of that time when an image of a rocket flying over the pyramid wasn’t an announcement. 

anyway… at bloody last. It’s like the slippery husband has finally signed the divorce papers. See ya later Rishi Sunak… no one gives a f**k about ya.  

What an announcement - in his teflon coated suit in the pissing rain while being drowned out by d-ream - absolutely perfect. 

we can all choose to believe what we want to. i never believed glasto had madonna.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

we can all choose to believe what we want to. i never believed glasto had madonna.

Ooooh you cow 😂😂

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

So what’s the thinking behind the date? Are they thinking they will benefit from a wave of patriotism from the football, or are they worried the oldies won’t come out in Autumn?

Theories on twitter range from there were enough letters to force a leadeship election to we are going to war with Russia and he doesn't want to be PM when that happens.

Does seem strange a month before the first predicted interest rate cut.

Edited by lost

15 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

So what’s the thinking behind the date? Are they thinking they will benefit from a wave of patriotism from the football, or are they worried the oldies won’t come out in Autumn?

Time to get his kids a school place in California.

22 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Does that ever actually work? Macron did his best to cosy up to the French team when they won the World Cup six years ago and that's not exactly helped his current polling situation.

28 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

i think its mostly cos the news is positive at the moment and isn't likely to stay like that.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Eh?

reduced inflation, growing economy,  prospect of interest rate cuts.

Edited by Neil

1 hour ago, Neil said:

reduced inflation, growing economy,  prospect of interest rate cuts.

Energy prices will be low too just due to seasonality.

The economy will be relatively bouyant and visibly so as a result of normal seasonal consumption trends.

Its gonna be very funny to see starmer and sunak duke it out for biggest footie lad of the year during the euros. Starmers gonna do a puff piece with him doing 3 keepie uppies in the park with a tinnie isnt he

40 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Energy prices will be low too just due to seasonality.

The economy will be relatively bouyant and visibly so as a result of normal seasonal consumption trends.

Its gonna be very funny to see starmer and sunak duke it out for biggest footie lad of the year during the euros. Starmers gonna do a puff piece with him doing 3 keepie uppies in the park with a tinnie isnt he

I'm not claiming those for the tories, I'm just pointing out that there's good news like those at the mo.

so, how many green MPs are we gonna have after the election, 2 at most i reckon, which would be an increase of just one.