UK Politics

kalifire

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

unemployment creeping up...they're going to have to start cutting those interest rates soon...

Probably, but on the other hand the economy  showed surprising growth with the last figures. As long as they don't go back to the stupidly low rates of the last decade or so then it's fine. Somewhere in the region of 4% is probs good.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Rachel Reeves will say something else to the CBI tomorrow.

labour  policy being dragged around by its chancellor - that's never happened before 😛 

Suggestions the defector is going to be someone who voted for the labour amementment earlier in the week. If its Theresa May that would be hilarious.

42 minutes ago, lost said:

Suggestions the defector is going to be someone who voted for the labour amementment earlier in the week. If its Theresa May that would be hilarious.

WON'T be May, shes too-much a servant of the party.

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe Labour actually see the benefit in negotiating and working with the unions as well as businesses instead of endless ideological battles.

Didn't see much negotiating going on.
Starmer - This what we want to do.

Unions - This is what you're going to do

Starmer - er ok.

14 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Starmer - er ok.

well you or I don't have any idea what went on in that meeting, but they were in there for hours so I expect it was a bit more in depth than that.

15 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Starmer - er ok.

I shall ask you what I ask anyone who seems to dislike unions.

Are you willing to give up paid sick leave, paid annual leave, bank holidays and all the other things we now all take for granted that unions won us the right to have?

If you are then perhaps explain why.
If not then perhaps be grateful for unions and put some faith in them wanting the best for workers.

PS Were you actually at the negotiations are are you just writing the comment without any knowledge of what was said?

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well you or I don't have any idea what went on in that meeting, but they were in there for hours so I expect it was a bit more in depth than that.

Well, I guess they had to have lunch.